Life long battle coming to a head....

Options
I've always been considered "overweight". I'm 6'5", so I'm a big guy anyway, but I feel like I shouldn't loose my breath bending over to put on my shoes. **embarrassing** I have a 4 and a half-year-old daughter who is my world. I'm sick of feeling tired, gross and lethargic. I know HOW to eat properly. The knowledge isn't the issue. But it's still so GD hard. And I hate feeling like I'm struggling alone. I don't know as I'm looking for an answer per say, or what it is I'm honestly looking to get out of this. But there it is.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,227 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I started out that way... I knew what I needed to do, I just didn't really 'feel motivated' to do it. This was 4 or 5 years ago, and since then, I've lost 70 pounds and kept it off. Here's how I started, even though I didn't really want to: I logged ALL my intake with MFP. I committed to being honest with myself in my food journal, and made sure everything that went in my mouth was logged, even when I went waaaaaaaayyyyy over my daily calorie allotment (which was most of hte time at the beginning). After a while, I started almost by accident making small changes to my food and drink choices, and those small changes led to weight loss, which eventually led me to the smallest I've been since high-school (including when I was in the Army). Now I run/bike and weight lift several times a week, and am the fittest I've ever been. And it all started with me choosing to be honest with myself when I wasn't really feeling the motivation.