I Love Fast Food

2»

Replies

• admila82
    admila82 Posts: 14
    There was another post on MFP today about "Just for today", and I think it's great for people who have issues resisting things. Most people can resolve to do something for just a single day. If you renew that promise to yourself on a daily basis, it can help to create a long-term change.

For instance, if fast food is your worry, you can say, "Just for today, no fast food". Doesn't sound too bad, does it? Then the next day, you could say the same thing again. It's so much easier than saying "no fast food for a week," or "no more fast food ever". :)

Yes, I've heard the saying that you can survive anything for just one day, so saying that every day should make a big difference in my chances of breaking my addiction. :smile:
  • admila82
    Hi Robin, I'm Jen. YAY for passing on the Arby's wrap! It sounds like you've taken positive steps towards losing weight and getting healthy!

The nutritionist also has me eating fruits and veggies, which I rarely did before. I have lost weight because I can get into pants I couldn't before, so I'm happy with my progress already. Thanks for the encouragement. :smile:
  • admila82
    I feel your pain with the fast food addiction. I was in love with the McDonald's Mushroom and Swiss burger and was angry when they did away with it but to be honest with you it was the best thing for me. I also used to love their fries but they changed the way they fry them and they just don't taste the same. Needless to say, I can easily pull in there now and get a snack wrap which is around 250 calories and an unsweetened ice tea and leave.
    You can do this, it just takes time. This is my third time on here and so far the third times the charm. I also learned that I can't do this for anyone but me. Weight loss as well as the gain is a personal journey and until we come to terms with the why it will be a struggle. Right now,I'm struggling with sugar and getting headaches so I need to find things that I can eat, that aren't calorie laden to counter this problem.
    Good luck to you! Stay strong and when you do fall, pick yourself up and say the next meal will be better!

Oh, I like the McDonald's snack wraps. I also love unsweetened iced tea. I'll have to check the sodium in the wraps, but that would be a good meal to get that's quick and lo cal.

Good luck to you, too. Having found a forum of people to help encourage me is going to help a lot. :happy:
  • admila82
    Robin,
    I hear ya. I started MFP 3 weeks ago. So far I am down 12 lbs. and counting. I don't see the harm in fast food as long as you watch what you eat (calories in/calories out). I sat down and made a "cheat" sheet of all the restaurants I eat at including the fast food ones. I have selected 3-4 items from each place that fall in the 400-600 range. That way I know I can grab something and stay true. For me its about the calories at this point, not the fat/protein/etc. Hope that helps. Good luck!

^^This...I too am a Fast Foodaholic...my husband works nights, so it is much easier to swing through a drive thru. But I am happy to report the 5 wks I have been on MFP I have only gone through about 4 times. When I did I got a wrap with no fries or a chicken sandwich. Like Teardrop said, you can go to any of their websites and get the nutrition values. Pick and choose wisely. You can do it!:happy:

Maybe we need to start a 12-step program for Fast Foodaholics. :smile: Yes, it's just me, so it's a lot easier to just go through the drive-thru instead of cooking a meal.

Thank you for the encouragement. I'm glad I'm not in this alone. :happy:
  • admila82
    Welcome Robin! I strongly agree with the "make a list of things you can eat" suggestion. Also figure out ways to make healthier versions of fast food yourself BUT IT HAS TO TASTE GOOD TOO else you obviously won't make it anymore ; ) I've got burger and pizza recipes that I like, but Chipotle is my weakness. I can't make chicken that tastes like Chipotle's, so I still go but instead of getting a burrito with rice, beans, chicken, cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce I will get a salad with chicken, fajita veggies, and pico. Still super delicious flavor but none of the guilt. You'll figure it out!

Yes, I'm a fairly picky eater, so it does have to taste good or I'm not going to eat it or buy it again. I need to find easy, low cal, low sodium recipes to try. I'm not much of a cook, so it's gotta be quick and easy. :ohwell:
  • admila82
    Great job with not getting anything else, it took me awhile to be able to do that to. It will get easier the more you start getting healthy and losing more weight. :) good luck and stay strong!

Thanks! I know I really need to lose the weight and I'm determined to do it. That gives me a good reason to skip the fast food, but so does the sodium content. I had no idea how much was in that wrap until I had one last week and added it to my food list on here. It was nearly a whole day's worth in one meal. :noway:
  • admila82
    Welcome! There are other posts about Fast Food and ways to make healthy choices ... in spite of ... so hopefully you will pick up some good ideas. :-)

One idea: Start packing a large water bottle where ever you go, then you don't have to drive through Arby's anymore when you are thirsty. If you have a hard time incorporating water into your day, try infusing your water with fruits, etc Fill a big glass pitcher with water and then throw in some citrus slices, berries, etc. The water will pick up the flavors of the fruit and then you can use this water to fill your water bottle with. Or try the little packets of 0 calorie/low calorie drink flavors that can be added to your water bottle. I use one tube for a whole liter of water. I have totally eliminated soda from my diet and carry water where ever I go. By the end of the day, I have consumed 2-3 liters without even thinking about it.

Good luck. Lots of helpful people on this site!!

That's a good idea about carrying water with me wherever I go. I like just plain old water and drink that almost exclusively when I'm at home. I usually end up drinking six to eight glasses by the end of the day. I've wondered how those drink flavors added to water would taste. Maybe I'll try a couple. Thanks! :smile: