325 Days - 75 lbs

Options
76thrasher
76thrasher Posts: 46 Member
Today I hit 325 days and I thought I would post in order to keep my spirits up! You see, this past month I seem to be losing and then gaining the same 5 pounds. It's been somewhat frustrating but it's a marathon and not a sprint, right?

My starting weight in June was 243.5 pounds. I've now lost 75 pounds and I'm feeling great! I went from never exercising to then walking to now I run close to 25 miles a week.

I have to admit my logging hasn't been super consistent lately--I do great until 5pm. Hence the up-and-down of the scale. I'm resolving to get my logging back on track! Plus, I've decided to train for a half marathon. I haven't done such a distant since I was in my 20s. It should be interesting!

Replies

• pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference, you can do this, look at what you have achieved already!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Wow! You knocked it out of the ballpark! I'm in sort of a similar situation, but at 50lbs after a year. My superfit mentor said I should expect the slowdown and the last 10 lbs I want to lose may take me up to a year.
    As the old cigarette commercial says: "you've come a long way baby".
  • 76thrasher
    Options
    Wow! You knocked it out of the ballpark! I'm in sort of a similar situation, but at 50lbs after a year. My superfit mentor said I should expect the slowdown and the last 10 lbs I want to lose may take me up to a year.
    As the old cigarette commercial says: "you've come a long way baby".

Thanks for the support! I knew things would start to slow down--I just wasn't mentally prepared for it. I'm just going to try to keep my head down and keep working!
  • 76thrasher
    Options
    pennygm72 wrote: »
    Wow, what a difference, you can do this, look at what you have achieved already!

Thank you! I really need to think of it as building on this achievement!
  • sporangia
    sporangia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing achievement. Maybe you can take a break from the scale and work on the consistency for a couple of weeks. Sometimes it's more motivating to feel the weight loss, as opposed to seeing it on the scale. Also, you're building muscle from the exercise, so I wouldn't be surprised if some muscle gain negates the fat loss on a scale.

Keep it up and start envisioning where you will be another 325 days from now :)
  • 76thrasher
    Options
    sporangia wrote: »
    That's an amazing achievement. Maybe you can take a break from the scale and work on the consistency for a couple of weeks. Sometimes it's more motivating to feel the weight loss, as opposed to seeing it on the scale. Also, you're building muscle from the exercise, so I wouldn't be surprised if some muscle gain negates the fat loss on a scale.

Keep it up and start envisioning where you will be another 325 days from now :)

You're so right...consistency over scale!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    You are ding great- keep it up- and remember- you have already achieved so MUCH!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!