Light Bulbs

Options
Kintsugi_Haikyo
Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
Okay, I am crowd sourcing the collective wisdom of MFP to help me find the right light of my cube. I am moving to a different cube today and the lighting just isn't great in my new cube.

I need advice on what kind of light bulb, and maybe what kind of lamp as well, for my new cube. I will be looking at basic white paper on my desk. I don't want anything with a glare or that puts out too much light. I don't want the light to reflect off of my paperwork or desk and have it irritate my eyes.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mzlz68MbBL1sq3ghjo1_500.gif
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    gd7yu7g3lodj.jpg
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Some pretty good suggestions so far. I'd be even more impressed if some kind of light bulb nerd actually got on here and said something serious like suggesting the "Philips 40W 48in T12 Daylight White Fluorescent tube" or something.

Cube.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    giant-lava-lamp.jpg

Go Huge.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Light Emitting Diode (LED) bulbs are the most energy-efficient light bulb options. They have lower wattage than incandescent bulbs, but emit the same light output. This allows them to produce the same amount of light, but use less energy.

These bulbs use an electrical current passed through semiconductor material to illuminate the tiny diodes
    called LEDs. The heat produced is absorbed into a heat sink, keeping the bulbs cool to the touch.
    Available for outdoor use; just make sure the packaging indicates the bulb is rated for outdoor use.
    Does not contribute to heat buildup, which helps save on air conditioning.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Brick-Tamland-Saying-I-Love-Lamp-Anchorman.gif
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Ecozone Biobulbs. This is a UK site, but I'm sure you can find them elsewhere. I love mine.

https://www.ledbulbs.co.uk/biobulb-sad-daylight-bulb-25w-100w-bc?gclid=CKaYoZenjtQCFQgz0wod-dAB0A
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Lamp suggestion.
    fkbwogmajsiw.jpg

• SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    u56b7hkai59j.png
  • WeAreTheMassacre
    WeAreTheMassacre Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If this is for work just get a Bluetooth LED bulb on Amazon, $25 to $30. Should last 20 years and you can adjust the brightness and change it to any color you want via phone app. Costs pennies a month. You can even make it do a strobe effect in case you feel like raving. If this is a joke topic I need to brush up on my bulb and cube humor.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Actually, it isn't a joke topic. LOL. But is was fun laughing at all the suggestions. I am going to take your advice and check out the Bluetooth LED bulb on Amazon. Thanks!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    And the weirdest topic award goes to....

No, totally relevant, they're trying to figure out how to get light...