First post! Stuck 10 pounds from goal weight

Options
Hi all, I've been using MFP since 2010 intermittently and have lost about 20 pounds. Really got serious when I turned 40 this year and lost about 10 pounds in 7 months. Now I'm stuck! I only have 10 more pounds to lose. I'm 5,3'' and at 134. I run 3-4 miles 2-3 times per week and do a popsugar fitness video 2-3 times per week (tabata, cardio sculpt etc. ). Haven't lost any more weight in about 2 -3 months. I eat about 1300-1500 per day ( don't track everything). Any advice? I don't want to eat any less...I think I would be very hangry.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    You might want to start tracking everything. At least then you'll know that you're hitting the right calorie amount. You are pretty much into the normal weight range, so weight loss will be very slow going. I was able to lose at 5'1'' at 1300-1500 calories when I got into a normal weight range, but deficits are razor thin so you have to know exactly how much you're eating. I was losing something like a pound a month.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    You can try intermittent fasting to see if that helps.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    suzpariser wrote: »
    Haven't lost any more weight in about 2 -3 months. I eat about 1300-1500 per day ( don't track everything). Any advice? I don't want to eat any less...I think I would be very hangry.

Right there is your answer. If you want to lose those last 10 lbs you're probably going to have to track everything. You're eating more than you think.
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    VERY thin margin of error. Need to track everything.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You might also find that if your form and ability have improved significantly, you're actually burning less. In addition to the tracking advice above, I'd suggest attempting a new type of exercise to shake things up.
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Definitely track everything.

But also might be time to mix up the workout routine. Try going on an epic day-hike, or a really long bike ride or something to spice it up
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm literally in the same boat...5'2.5 and 133lbs lol...been riding this a couple of weeks now. I know I need to tighten up my logging, good luck :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    At 5'3" and 135 you gonna have to track everything. I'm 5'4" and 140 and have to log my damn gum.
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You're at a healthy weight actually I would recommend trying body recomposition to achieve a more toned figure. Good luck!
  • Biker_SuzCO
    Biker_SuzCO Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I mountain bike most weekends for 2-4 hours in the summer...but then I'm starving. I'll mix up my workouts more during the week and see if that helps break the plateau. I may just have to resign myself to this weight and keep in shape!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You missed the "track everything".