Bad day binge

I feel like crap today been in a bad mood all day n my family brought home pizza and bread sticks n I had 4 stix and 4 pices of pizza and I'm in the red on my car count so posse at my self I've been doing really good past few weeks controlling what I eat and exercising every day I just know I'm gonna have to push my self that much harder Tonight at the gym and the next few days and I absolutely hate the feeling like I just threw away all the work Ive Ben putting in and at square one

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    edited May 2017
    you didn't throw it away. Good lord, you can't eat perfect all the time. You'll give up. You have to accept that is was ok...but it was a rare occasion and just move on. Not sure how long you've been at this, but there will be many times like this in the journey. after all it should be a LIFE journey.

Its ok. keep doing your normal stuff, don't over do in the gym to make up and risk hurting yourself and derailing your progress. just move on. it is ok.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    First of all, getting in the habit of "punishing" yourself in the gym for eating extra is a bad idea. It creates a negative association with food. Food is not bad and going over your calories is not detrimental. If you lift weights start looking at it as more fuel for your muscles.

Second, pizza is notoriously high in sodium. Your weight may go up a lot due to that, but it's just water. Don't get on the scale for a few days.

Finally, you're going to have bad days and pizza will always make its way back into your life. You're going to need to have a discussion with yourself on how to set limits. One piece of pizza tastes good and two pieces really tastes good, but at three and four pieces it doesn't taste any better and is going to make you feel worse. Set a two piece limit. Enough to satisfy and not enough to make you feel terrible.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    ^^ smart