Best exercise

feroz185
feroz185 Posts: 2 Member
What's the best 30 minutes workout to loose weight? :)

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Nordic skiing. And bike riding. And swimming in lakes. Why? Because they're fun. If you don't believe me, ask me, and I'll tell you about it.

Weight loss comes from having a calorie deficit. That's all. You burn more calories than you eat, you lose weight. (Remember you burn calories thinking and moving your head to look at things and breathing and walking to the bathroom to pee. It's not just burning exercise. You don't even burn most of your calories through exercise.)

Now exercise of any type burns calories, so it can contribute to a deficit. That's pretty much the whole story of how exercise is involved in weight loss. But you can lose weight without any exercise at all - remember what we just talked about.

If you're using MFP - you should, because it's free and it works - your calorie goal is before exercise, and you should eat the calories you burn, so it really won't affect your weight loss at all.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Eat less to lose weight - exercise to improve your health and fitness.

It's much easier to control what you put in your mouth than it is to exercise "out" bad habits. I can eat a Snicker's bar in a minute flat.....takes quite a bit of cardio to burn that off.

The best exercise is something you enjoy, something that you will continue doing. Cardio for heart & lungs. Strength/resistance training for bones and help to keep more of the lean muscle you already have (while eating at a deficit).
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    I think the best exercise is the one you enjoy enough to stick to. But probably exercise isn't the best way to lose weght...it helps, but diet is more important for actual weight loss.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    The one you like and stick with. Nobody knows that but you.