Good Pre-Workout?

Options
Can anyone recommend a good Pre-Workout? I work nights so often times I find I don't have a lot of energy when I'm working out. I just don't want something that will give me heart palpatations haha.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds weird, but Excedrin works well for me. Sometimes I wake up with a headache or body aches and this helps me wakeup and gets rid of the pain!
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    There are some pre workouts that are
    Stim free, don't see the point of them.
    If I'm taking a pre work out it's because I need the stims
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Currently on my 4th tub of Cobra Labs Shadow X. I buy in bulk. It's pretty potent. Favorite is lemon lime flavor. Mixed in Gatorade.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Monster Ultra Blue or Zero Ultra. As for actual pre workout I've used Cellucor C4 and its pretty good.
  • ramskermfc
    ramskermfc Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You'll get opinions on both sides . . . whether they help or not or if something like an energy drink or some coffee are just as good. But doesn't hurt to try one and see if it works for you. Be aware that there can be some effects from them that can be a little weird or unpleasant--like the degree to which they can make you jittery, tingly, etc. Some can even have some gastrointestinal consequences of varying degrees . . . like opening the floodgates variety.

But some that I have tried and liked are C4 (I used the old formula which was a little more mild--the new one is supposed to be a lot stronger), White Rapids (currently using) & Shock Therapy.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I like C4. I get it in bulk at Costco.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I like C4. I get it in bulk at Costco.

Canadian Costco's are vastly inferior apparently.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I like Mesomorph
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I recently started using ON Amino Energy. I hit the gym after work and I have found it gives me just enough of an energy boost to power through my workout, with no added issues or side effects.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    I recently started using ON Amino Energy. I hit the gym after work and I have found it gives me just enough of an energy boost to power through my workout, with no added issues or side effects.

I can vouch for that as well. Not currently using it but I had a good experience.