Muscle Milk Ready to Drink...Before or After a workout?

Just tried the vanilla creme. Love it. Should I be drinking this before or after a workout? Is this a good protein shake? This is my first one

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Either or. Timing doesn't matter enough to make a difference for most people. As for whether it's a good protein shake, Labdoor only gives it a 39.2.

https://labdoor.com/review/muscle-milk-rtd
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    I'd stay away from that stuff. Consumers Reports did a study a few years ago and found all sorts of bad crap in their stuff. Heavy metals, toxins, etc. You'd be better off getting some natural protein powder (Jarrow, etc) and mixing it yourself with some skim milk at home for a protein shake.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    yUck! try some others too.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,997 Member
    edited May 2017
    All pre-made protein shakes and drinks are convenient but are more costly than mixing them yourself.

If you like it, can afford it and don't want to bother mixing it yourself, buy & drink it whenever you like as long as it meets your cal & macro needs.

The time doesn't matter for the most part but I prefer drinking fluids after rather than before a workout because the fluid in my stomach makes me feel bloated and negatively affects my workout.

BTW, i've tried the ready to drink Muscle Milk chocolate drink; liked the taste but considered it too expensive. I've also bought and consumed 2 6# bags of Muscle Milk Cytosport chocolate whey powder over the past year which I mix w/soymilk; much cheaper and no issues w/the product.

Am currently working on the 1st of 2 11# bags of MyProtein stevia chocolatewhey powder, which I got for less than the Cytosport powder.