Hungry After Dark

Options
It's 10PM where I am. I have eaten my total calories for the day AND it's my first week trying IF (intermittent fasting), so even if I had calories left I wouldn't want to eat them.
But...
I'm hungry. My mind keeps coming around to things that I could eat when I get home from work, especially since I have to cook something for my husband when I get there.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to help get me past this? Can anyone tell me if this happens to them regularly while IF?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Today might be hard. Might want to much on a cucumber or something. I make huge salads with hot sauce and veg for like 100 calories. Could be worth it to go over a tad if you're that hungry.

How were you the rest of the week? What was different about your diet today?

• MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any problems the rest of the week, but today I tried a coffee based protein smoothie for breakfast, and it didn't agree with me - I felt like I started off the day on the wrong foot and I've been trying to straighten it out since then.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    sgfwinters wrote: »
    I haven't had any problems the rest of the week, but today I tried a coffee based protein smoothie for breakfast, and it didn't agree with me - I felt like I started off the day on the wrong foot and I've been trying to straighten it out since then.

Ah I've had that happen! Don't make yourself suffer, but you don't need to eat a full meal either! Cut up a crap ton of veg or have some greek yogurt and a few cups of tea.