Whole30

Options
Hi! I came here because I've known people to use this website before, and Im hoping that now that the app on my phone seems to be working Ill actually log everything.

I love to cook and I love to eat. I want to just cook and not eat so much :)

I am a habitual overeater, and I love sugar and carbs. So, starting on Monday (Im on the last few days of a modified version of the Master Cleanse right now) I am going to begin my first Whole30. The whole30 is basically a diet where you only eat vegetables, meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and some fruits. No processed foods and very little sugar and carbs. Im hoping that if I spend 30 days on it, Ill come out the other end with an ability to control myself with carbs and sugar intake.

Also, Im on day 4 of NO diet coke. I am starting to not miss it, but my consumption was outrageous. I was drinking 6-8 cans a day.

Anyway, I just thought I'd introduce myself. Im on day 4 of no solid food, so right now all I can think of is a Wendy's burger that I can't have for at least 34 days :)

Replies

• tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds intense! I don't think I could do it...I too am addicted to carbs and sugar! I'll add you and try to help you stay motivated! I'm also curious how this works for you :)
  • AngieF1260
    AngieF1260 Posts: 11
    Options
    Good luck, Holly! I love my phone app, too. Makes me really think about what I put in my mouth, that's for sure.
    Here's hoping you meet your goal!:smile:
  • AngieF1260
    AngieF1260 Posts: 11
    Options
    I've been watching my intake, and I was really going over my sugar quota for the day. Fruit, which I love, seems to throw me over every time. I'm hoping sugar in fruit is not as bad as refined sugars.
    Good luck to you. Am sending you a friend request. Need all the encouragement I can get!