Replies

• MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Unsweetened Almond milk = using it in my high protein baking
    Chocolate Soy Milk = trying it in my chocolate milkshake style smoothies
    Chocolate Milk (cow) = Post workout

I basically never just drink a cup of milk. But if I did it would be 2% cow milk.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Fairlife is a company that runs regular milk through a series of filters then recombines the individual nutrients in a new ratio, resulting in a milk with more protein and calcium, less sugar, and no lactose. (that means it’s safe for the lactose intolerant.)

It has more calcium and protein then normal milk with no growth hormones. However, it is more expensive.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    emd2570 wrote: »
    Unsweetened cashew milk - 25 calories in 8oz - I use it in my coffee in my smoothies or just for a snack

Not milk. Nothing to do with milk or even the real cashew "milk". Its simply water with few cashews and lots and lots of other "interesting" items.

You can make cashew milk at home. It's just cashews blended with water (unlike almond milk, homemade cashew milk normally has the whole cashew blended in). Nothing is added. It's (IMO) delicious and useful as a higher fat, lower carb option for a smoothie (as they tend to be low fat/high carb).

Now, is it milk? Depends what the definition of milk is, but it's been called milk since the middle ages, so I have no issue with it.

Is it low cal? No, although almond milks tend to have less of the actual almonds even homemade, so they might be (painful to waste nuts, however, which is why I prefer cashew). If you buy them, sure, they are flavored water with some nutrients added.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    wn0qahe2pgui.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Heh, jruzer wins the thread.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Heh, jruzer wins the thread.

I kept waiting for someone else to post that. :) It was my very first thought when I read the thread title.