My First Month Anniversary in MFP 6.6# down

Options
And so grateful for the nice folks I'm chatting to here and all those who post valuable info, share their successes and their struggles. I'm feeling part of a community.
I've learned quite a lot in this last month but these stand out:
1. There's no magic portion to lose weight.
2. Consistence is important.
3. Logging every single bite keeps me on track.
4. Accountability is very helpful.

My my journey never stop!

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Good job!

Keep up the accurate logging, and try not to be in a hurry. It's easier to stick to a smaller deficit for a long time than crash and burn starving yourself to lose it all quickly.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :star:
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Good job!

Keep up the accurate logging, and try not to be in a hurry. It's easier to stick to a smaller deficit for a long time than crash and burn starving yourself to lose it all quickly.

Thank you Orphia!

I'm trying my very best to be accurate, food scale for solids and measuring liquids. I've set MFP for 1 pound a week. I hear the first month we can loose more so I'm preparing myself to not get discouraged with the movements of the scale. I feel so good and this is the main thing. Onwards and upwards!
  • veganj1
    veganj1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Last summer I tracked all my food and did well, about 27 pounds in about 5 months. It became so tedious and exhausting though that I stopped in the winter. I still tried to keep my food intake down but I gained about 8 pounds back. About 3 weeks ago I started back on the weightloss Journey but without tracking to keep from feeling so strained on logging every little thing. Well I'm down 9 pounds in these 3 weeks and I don't feel overwhelmed so I feel this is more sustainable.

Point being, if you feel overwhelmed by logging try paying attention to your food intake and just don't over eat. Don't give up though even if you feel like logging each meal is too much to handle.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    bluets2011 wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    Good job!

Thank you Orphia!

I'm trying my very best to be accurate, food scale for solids and measuring liquids. I've set MFP for 1 pound a week. I hear the first month we can loose more so I'm preparing myself to not get discouraged with the movements of the scale. I feel so good and this is the main thing. Onwards and upwards!

Great!!
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    veganj1 wrote: »
    Last summer I tracked all my food and did well, about 27 pounds in about 5 months. It became so tedious and exhausting though that I stopped in the winter. I still tried to keep my food intake down but I gained about 8 pounds back. About 3 weeks ago I started back on the weightloss Journey but without tracking to keep from feeling so strained on logging every little thing. Well I'm down 9 pounds in these 3 weeks and I don't feel overwhelmed so I feel this is more sustainable.

Point being, if you feel overwhelmed by logging try paying attention to your food intake and just don't over eat. Don't give up though even if you feel like logging each meal is too much to handle.

thank you!! For now I'm fine logging everyday, but it's good to have options for the future