Specific time ?

Hi all I'm just wondering if theres a specific time to work out ie mountain climbers, burpees, situps combo or whatevery. .. morning / before bed what would work better ?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    When you do them is the best time :)
  • danamorosi
    danamorosi Posts: 10 Member
    I used to be 19 stone...went down to 13.5 it's tough to lose the last bit :)
  • danamorosi
    Also before eating or after
  • livingleanlivingclean
    danamorosi wrote: »
    Also before eating or after

Whatever suits you best.
  • danamorosi
    Before bed I'd say for me
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Whenever you have the time
  • danamorosi
    So if I work out at night it won't burn the carbs before the fat...that's what I've researched
    All this is soo confusing for me thanks for your replies
  • livingleanlivingclean
    So if I work out at night it won't burn the carbs before the fat...that's what I've researched
    All this is soo confusing for me thanks for your replies

It's total calories that matter, not when or how frequently you eat.
  • danamorosi
    Ok that's ok then I'm on 1800 a day with half hour cardio a day
  • danamorosi
    Thanks
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    I like to do my heaviest strength/cardio dance workouts as soon as I wake up. I do not love to exercise, I'm not a morning person and I feel like I'm halfway through the workout before I wake up enough to realize I'm doing it. Therefore, it's easier to just do it, mentally. I also shower in the mornings so I can shower off all the sweat right after. I tend to eat a tiny bit before I workout...maybe a cup of tea with honey and collagen protein powder. If I eat actual food, I feel nauseous.

I do some cardio mid to late afternoon, usually, often a brisk walk on the beach. That way, I get a tan, I may get a little out of breath, but I don't get disgustingly sweaty, and it's a time I would normally be bored and looking for food.

If I exercise at night, I don't want to go to bed and I stay up too late.

I don't think it matters that much in terms of burning carbs before fat or whatever. If you're a professional athlete of some kind, you may want to consider those things.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Hi all I'm just wondering if theres a specific time to work out ie mountain climbers, burpees, situps combo or whatevery. .. morning / before bed what would work better ?

Nope
  • danamorosi
    I like to do my heaviest strength/cardio dance workouts as soon as I wake up. I do not love to exercise, I'm not a morning person and I feel like I'm halfway through the workout before I wake up enough to realize I'm doing it. Therefore, it's easier to just do it, mentally. I also shower in the mornings so I can shower off all the sweat right after. I tend to eat a tiny bit before I workout...maybe a cup of tea with honey and collagen protein powder. If I eat actual food, I feel nauseous.

I do some cardio mid to late afternoon, usually, often a brisk walk on the beach. That way, I get a tan, I may get a little out of breath, but I don't get disgustingly sweaty, and it's a time I would normally be bored and looking for food.

If I exercise at night, I don't want to go to bed and I stay up too late.

I don't think it matters that much in terms of burning carbs before fat or whatever. If you're a professional athlete of some kind, you may want to consider those things.

Thanks helps alot