recommendations for walk/run shoes

Options
2»

Replies

• rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I ditto the advice of everyone mentioning gait analysis at a "real" running store AND bringing your old shoes with you. A few months ago, I did this and bought a Swiss shoe called "On", I believe it is called and feels fantastic on my feet. And then, stupidity sets in and I used one elliptical too much causing nerve pain in one foot due to too much pressure on the ball of my foot. The running store had me covered with some cool inserts that help me avoid putting all my weight on the ball of my foot (and me also switching machines too) ...
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    So glad you got fitted!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    And, once you find a pair that fits great and paid the extra for them - go online and buy the next pair there.

Be aware they may change colors for a new year, but everything else is the same.

They may also change too many things about a shoe and keep the same model name.

Confirm what you are looking at, or read shoe reviews that discuss these differences - some are immaterial (or in the material!), some are major changes to fit.

Buy online soon down the road after confirming current pair feel great, after couple months buy another pair so you know it's the same model.

I'm all for supporting the LBS and LRS - but if I don't need their advice and don't need something immediately, I don't feel the need to pay extra either.