Finally back on track... again!!!

Options
Yay I'm new here :smile:

I am a chronic gainer/looser of 20-30 lbs. I have been doing this since I was about 15, and I am now 29. I watch my mother and sister do the same thing as me, but only 10-15 lbs. I am determined to reach my healthy weight and stay there. I refuse to repeat this pattern for decades to come!

After college I lived alone for a while and maintained a healthy weight pretty easily. Now I am living with my boyfriend, and have gone back to the vicious cycle! My boyfriend was raised to eat dinner at the table as a family every night. I only have one childhood memory of eating dinner with all of my family at the dinner table, so it has always been something that I want to do when I have my own children. Not that dinner on the sofa wasn't fun... :wink:

I make dinner most nights, and my BF & I sit down and eat together. I used to have a light meal around 5pm, and that was it. Now we eat anywhere from 6:30 - 10pm because of my BF's career, so I am trying to learn to adapt, lose what I've put on, and then maintain it effortlessly.

This site is amazing. It's wonderful to have a place to check in and be accountable, instead of doing it all in secret, which is what I normally do.

Week 1 with MFP!!!
Good luck everyone!

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I hope it helps you stay on track. Good Luck!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I've gained and lost the same 20-30 lbs about 6 or 7 times in the last 20 years. I too have a sit-down dinner with my husband and son every night but I've learned how to eat the right amounts so that I'm not fixing two different meals. We eat around 6-6:30. You can do this!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Wish I could get my boyfriend to eat at the table. He grew up doing it, but when his parents got divorced, he would eat in front of the TV and says now he can't eat unless he's watching something, whereas, my family always ate together at the dinner table until everyone was moved out except me and my mom and I would eat dinner while watching Wheel of Fortune, lol.

You can so do this!!!
  • MarjiBMe
    MarjiBMe Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome. I've been here a couple weeks - the site (and the people) are amazing. You made the best first step and I'm looking forward to hearing about your journey :-)
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend for support and motivation.
    Good luck in your weight loss journery....with this site I am sure you will be successful!!:smile: