Binge eating disorder

Options
2»

Replies

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I've probably gained and lost 80+kg over the years due to BED. I did a 12 step program like OA and lost 40kg but after 9 months it wasn't sustainable and I regained it, plus some. I now refuse to diet at all because deprivation will kick off a binge. I focus my energy on going to the gym and with all the hard work I put in I don't tend to undo it with binges. I still sometimes overeat (and feel lousy being so full) but I don't beat myself up about it. I try to avoid trigger foods (fresh white bread, chocolate etc) but if I want it then I'll have it. No food is bad. I focus on what I can have, not what I can't have. I feel soooooo much better now that I can move easily and not feel physically or mentally restricted by my weight.
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm guessing you are not in the US so my reply isn't really helpful. I'm sorry. I think MFP is a great start because one thing they explained to us was that people who logged and kept logging their eating had a much greater rate of success. Try regulating your hormones by eating every 3-4 hours (no eating between times or going longer between eating). Those are the first steps before even bothering with restricting calories.

I like a more empathetic approach to weight loss than the strong armed all or nothing approach. Basically I hate the shame language around weight loss. Feel free to friend me.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Hey its late and im hungry. i feel like some pizza, oh since the guys going to be delivering it anyways i might as well get some chicken wings, oh and those bread sticks with some sauces. OH and a 2L of pop.. I can totally get like 2-3 meals out of it.

few hours later

Uh oh.. i ate all the foods:(

Nope i TOTALLY have never binged before.