Do yourself a favor and don't try Wink

Options
sofchak
sofchak Posts: 862 Member
I don't know what I was thinking - curiosity I guess? Was at Wholefoods today and saw Wink 100 calorie per pint ice cream. It was like a bad car accident that you can't pry your eyes from... I couldn't pry my mind from wondering what it would taste like - a new competitor Halo Top perhaps? Quick scan of the ingredients showed water as the first ingredient... not a good sign. But I just had to try. Picked up two pints - choco dough and cinnamon roll (I think those were the names). Let them thaw on the counter for a few minutes when I got home, then took the spoon to battle... and lost the battle within 30 seconds. BLECK!!! Worse than Arctic Zero. It could have stood a chance for me if they were fruity flavors like strawberry or something because then it could have passed for water ice. But in the flavors that exist today? Thanks, but no thanks. With that said, don't be an idiot like me. Save your money for much better ice cream options out there.

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Whatever. I like me some Arctic Zero. Wink really is worse.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Hey, yeah Arctic Zero ain't ha;f bad with some PB2 and mix-ins
  • bbell1985
    Options

Hey, yeah Arctic Zero ain't ha;f bad with some PB2 and mix-ins

Yep. And with my poverty macros all I can afford is some cocoa powder and My Protein flavor drops as mix-ins. Just getting the job done.
  • leanitup123
    Options
    NSA nesquick + cookie shake ain't bad either... pretty decent macos
  • bbell1985
    Options

Nice. I use no sugar hot cocoa mix sometimes but I'll look for nesquick.

Sorry OP. Back to Wink. Yes, it is terrible.
  • leanitup123
    Options

Nice. I use no sugar hot cocoa mix sometimes but I'll look for nesquick.

Sorry OP. Back to Wink. Yes, it is terrible.

Agree. Saw an IG ad for it earlier and LOLed. Nowhere near Halo, enlightened or even arctic zero
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Funny name. Wink wink, it's really good. Lol
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Is this *kitten* in Canada? I keep seeing Arctic Zero, Halo Top and now Wink? WTF? I've put 2n2 together and figured out what it was but I've just never heard of any of these.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    some of Arctic Zero is actually decent IMO, but Halo Top taste more like ice cream. i haven't even seen wink 100 before, but id at least try it.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Is this *kitten* in Canada? I keep seeing Arctic Zero, Halo Top and now Wink? WTF? I've put 2n2 together and figured out what it was but I've just never heard of any of these.

No none of these companies sell to Canada because their corporate hearts are as cold as our winters. *kitten* ain't fair yo :'(
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen Wink yet. My supermarket has Halo Top and just got Enlightened, which I will have to try eventually (I don't mind the better flavors of Halo Top I've tried, but mostly would rather eat a smaller amount of Jeni's or Talenti or some such. I've never heard anything good about Arctic Zero.)
  • lovefriesam
    lovefriesam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    But I love arctic zero
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

No none of these companies sell to Canada because their corporate hearts are as cold as our winters. *kitten* ain't fair yo :'(

Hahaha. Well if OP is right we don't want Wink anyway.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Tried Halo Top.. did not care for it.. too watery. not worth it! if im going to have ice cream its gotta be excellent. LIke Breyers churned!
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Wink sucks. I had it at a friend's place and was horrified lol.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I read that title wrong...