New member trying out the Keto Diet add me!

Options
Hello my names Josue I'm new to the community on my 3rd day of keto diet looking for friends who can help me stay motivated on my journey as well as share some knowledge and tips recipes and just strive together!

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • leahmarie188
    leahmarie188 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Whats the keto diet
  • evantfunk
    evantfunk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Whats the keto diet

Hey Leah,

The keto diet is basically changing the bodies primary source of energy (which is carbs) and switching it to fats. You do that by having a diet comprising of mostly fats (65-75%) a moderate amount of protein (20-30%) and minimal carbs (5%).

Once in ketosis your body starts producing ketones and you're in a calorie deficit you shed the pounds along with numerous other benefits. I've been doing keto for about a month and I've been really enjoying it.

Hope this answers your question
  • MountainMutt
    MountainMutt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im intrigued. Off to Google I go to find out more ;)
  • Josue_da_great
    Josue_da_great Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Definitely going to join your group thanks!!!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I too am doing high fat, moderate protein, and low carbs. Also adding in intermittent fasting as well! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I am always looking for motivational supportive friends :)
  • smsm2387
    smsm2387 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also in my 5th day keto diet and so far i lost 4.5 lbs