Starting my own personal healthy eating journey. Need help with motivation and ideas

Options
Hello. My name is Kathryn Lehman. I need some advice and motivational support. I am on day 3 of my personal health journey. I have a weak immune system for some reason. I have a health issue that for personal reasons I can't say what my health issue is. However I have talked about this issue with my doctor. She has the told me that I have to totally change my eating habits or my issues with my immune system will never heal.
Anyway with all that being said. I am on day 3 of my personal healthy eating journey. I have been doing well so far. However I have been having cravings today. I am at my goal weight. I have no idea where to start or what healthy foods I should be eating. My doctor has told me to go on a plant based diet. I am a flexatarian. I have been following my brothers advice because he is a to vegetarian.

What ideas on foods that are healthy meals that I could possibly eat to stay on my diet? Any advice you can give me would be most helpful and appreciated.

Kathryn Lehman

Replies

• beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    google is ur best friend. search for

top healthiest food
    healthy recipes
    etc etc

good luck!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If you have a medical issue that would benefit from a specific diet, I would recommend getting a referral to a dietician who can give you better advice. Without knowing your background, it is impossible for a bunch of random Internet strangers to give you appropriate information...
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    BBC Good food has great recipes that are generally healthy and use lots of veg. Be warned though that many of the desserts while good can be very rich and calorific.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    A great basic American cookbook that teaches you how to make soooo many regular dishes, bake bread, cakes from scratch, prepare meats, veggies, menu planning etc. Is the New Settlement Cookbook. https://www.amazon.com/New-Settlement-Cookbook-Collection-American/dp/0671693360
    I got it as a newlywed and it taught me how to cook...from there I was able to have the skill to cook healthy. Lots of the recipes in there are also quite healthy because it's favourite dishes from scratch so you're not getting the additives..like sugar, fat etc that food companies add to preprepared versions of the same dishes.