Boredom...

I'm currently babysitting and the kiddo is already asleep. But I obviously have some sort of boredom induced hand-to-mouth issue right now, and have already eaten way too much today...
What do other people do when they are bored and wanting food?

Replies

• czof5
    czof5 Posts: 8 Member
    I always drink a big glass of water first. Usually the munchies pass. Or do a little workout. Distract yourself. TV has subliminal food commercials to make you want to eat. Read a book. Hope that helps.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    I put on a video and workout! Some days I like to do yoga, others (like today) I was feeling like dancing, so I did Cize and had a blast!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Jigsaw or crossword puzzle
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Bodyweight workout.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Color. Surf the web. Laundry. Email friends. Prep meals. Brew a pot of tea. Read. Nap. Cuddle/play with the cats. Check the grocery list. Puzzle apps (UnBlockMe, HexaBlock, Dots, Six! are current faves). Paint my nails. Practice piano. Look for recipes that sound interesting, tasty, low-calorie and high in protein, fiber, and other micros I'm trying to hit.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,445 Member
    I'm currently babysitting and the kiddo is already asleep. But I obviously have some sort of boredom induced hand-to-mouth issue right now, and have already eaten way too much today...
    What do other people do when they are bored and wanting food?

Do something!

When I babysat (many decades ago!), I'd bring my homework and a book with me, and as soon as the kid(s) were asleep, I'd get busy on the homework.
  • gwennylou
    gwennylou Posts: 7 Member
    I take a nap or listen to a podcast/audiobook.