Never thought I'd say this...

Options
RachelleNH
RachelleNH Posts: 14 Member
All of my life I have been very skinny. I ranged from 90 to 110 lbs, even after having children. A pretty bad accident two years ago changed my life forever. I was thrown out of nursing school because I can't lift anymore, then I gained 20 lbs I never thought would happen to me. I remember making fun of my mother when I was in high school. She would do the Richard Simmons deal a meal and be eating yogurt and tuna and I just thought she was absolutely insane.Well the past week and a half I've been really struggling to lose them. I'm almost 40 and I never ever thought this would be me. The other day a long time friend actually asked me if I was pregnant, and I can see why he asked me that because I look terrible. So I'm here for support and a little kick in the butt.

Replies

• Sunnysky2014
    Sunnysky2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Losing weight seems to be a struggle for a lot of us. Hang in there. With fitness pal I never realized how much I ate until I started tracking it! I just watch calories, and I've lost weight! You can do it!!!
  • jendistar
    jendistar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to be 40 next March and I definitely think as I'm getting closer to 40 my metabolism has really slowed down.
    I'm finding it really hard to lose weight and stay in shape.
    I'm 11 stone and would be delighted to get down to 10.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hear you, I was skinny throughout school and the first time I had to struggle was after blowing out my knee, which kept me from being active for six months. Good for you catching yourself early, I let it go on for years before trying to correct my diet, and that isn't good! It's much easier to stay skinny if you don't let your body adjust to being fat! You can do this, it's just a matter of learning some new skills.