Advice to new My Fitness Pal (MFP) users!

Hello, all!
I have been on MFP for quite some time but I wanted to share something with you about your time here. I wish someone would have given me the hard truth about not holding myself accountable. If you have been on the endless diet cycle and emotional rollercoaster of dieting, you are in the right place. It's not about you FINDING my fitness pal, it's about COMMITTING to my fitness pal. I have lost 30lbs since the start of my journey (Not including the dang weight I gained back not using mfp and had to lose again, ugh!) That sounds great, but what I realized is that I only lose weight when using the app. Every morning plan your meals on here, you don't have to meal prep (been there too). Use this as a tool and ALWAYS log! EVERY. DAY. I don't care if you went to McDonalds and got a meal for 3 and ate it yourself, LOG IT! If you can't hold yourself accountable, it's nice that there is a tool for you to use! I hate that took me a year and a half to realize the value MFP has had on my life. When I stop using the app, I gain the weight. Hopefully one day I can be dependent on myself, but this is for us who can't quite yet!

I don't think anyone should have to be on this rollercoaster, so please take the advice and stick to MFP!!

Feel free to add me for extra support!

Replies

• LCHFLover
    LCHFLover Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you so much for this! Thank you also for requesting me, you're my first and only friend!
  • Candyb38
    Candyb38 Posts: 44 Member
    Hello, all!
    I have been on MFP for quite some time but I wanted to share something with you about your time here. I wish someone would have given me the hard truth about not holding myself accountable. If you have been on the endless diet cycle and emotional rollercoaster of dieting, you are in the right place. It's not about you FINDING my fitness pal, it's about COMMITTING to my fitness pal. I have lost 30lbs since the start of my journey (Not including the dang weight I gained back not using mfp and had to lose again, ugh!) That sounds great, but what I realized is that I only lose weight when using the app. Every morning plan your meals on here, you don't have to meal prep (been there too). Use this as a tool and ALWAYS log! EVERY. DAY. I don't care if you went to McDonalds and got a meal for 3 and ate it yourself, LOG IT! If you can't hold yourself accountable, it's nice that there is a tool for you to use! I hate that took me a year and a half to realize the value MFP has had on my life. When I stop using the app, I gain the weight. Hopefully one day I can be dependent on myself, but this is for us who can't quite yet!

I don't think anyone should have to be on this rollercoaster, so please take the advice and stick to MFP!!

Feel free to add me for extra support!

Agreed!!!