Garlic cheese bread calories similar to pizza?

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
edited May 2017 in Food and Nutrition
if I go by grams? Do you think they're about the same? It weighed 71g so I put in 90g pizza which came out to like 200calories. Im super tired so Im just trying to get an estimate because I might have more of it later lol just dont want to be off by a few hundred calories. Thanks.

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Why not just choose a garlic bread entry from the database? I feel like I'm missing something lol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yep, search for cheese garlic pizza bread..
  • Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Why not just choose a garlic bread entry from the database? I feel like I'm missing something lol.
    Yep, search for cheese garlic pizza bread..

I wanted to go by weight and it all said things like "one piece" lol like whats one piece? could I eat a whole slab thats 6" and say it's 1 piece? Lol. I wasn't sure if it was a 2" 4" piece or what. I did see a homemade one with 2" pieces but also I dont have a measuring tape lol so weight was easier...
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I just checked and see at least a few with grams.

The "D'italiano - Cheese Garlic Bread" has grams. So does "Goodfellas - Garlic Bread With Cheese", and "Orv's - Garlic Cheese Bread", and "Swiss Chalet - Garlic Cheese Bread"...

Great, now I'm craving garlic bread!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Homemade or branded?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    When you are searching the database put the word gram at the end.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

Whoa! Awesome tip!
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Homemade or branded?

It was a restaurant but it looked more homemade and they make everything from scratch there. It wasnt greasy or anything and basically just bread with fresh garlic and mozzarella. They use a tsp of their ranch but I added that separately.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I just checked and see at least a few with grams.

The "D'italiano - Cheese Garlic Bread" has grams. So does "Goodfellas - Garlic Bread With Cheese", and "Orv's - Garlic Cheese Bread", and "Swiss Chalet - Garlic Cheese Bread"...

Great, now I'm craving garlic bread!

Idk why I didnt see most of those. Although I did see oyster brand for 100g it was only like 200cal and that seems very low because this thing had a thick amount of cheese on it lol But its ok I got an estimate now anyway. I will just use that or use pizza and round up (make my 70g 90-100g just to be safe). Thanks!
  • Verity1111
    Options

Whoa! Awesome tip!

I actually just figured that out before I read this lol. I tried it out of curiosity. Years on MFP and always learning Lol.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Whoa! Awesome tip!

I aim to please ;)

It makes the recipe builder work better as well.