Not losing as much weight as I have set.

Options
Hey everyone, I've been using MFP since 2015 & I lost 50 lbs in 2016. I've gained about 15 of that weight lost back this year. I have been using MFP everyday since April & I've lost 6 lbs in two months. I'm not complaining because a few lbs is better than none. My question is though, is that why am I only losing 0.5 lbs a week when I have my goals set up for losing 1.5 lbs a week? I don't have the best diet ever, but it's much better than before & I make sure I stay in my macros. & I run about 4-5 times a week for about 30-45 mins each time. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you :)

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    How accurately are you tracking your foods? Are you measuring everything with a digital kitchen scale and using good entries in the MFP database? How are you calculating your exercise calories and are you eating them all back?
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are being as accurate as possible with your tracking! I recommend a food scale! You can buy one really cheap on Amazon. I know I have a bad habit of grabbing little bites of food here and there throughout the day. Before I know it I've consumed an extra 200 calories without even thinking! Also, every little thing counts as calories. Coffee creamer, sauces, etc. Also, I don't eat back my exercise calories because I don't really trust that number to be accurate. Good luck to you!
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have the app on my phone and log everything as accurate as possible
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    are you eating back exercise cals?
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    If you are not losing at the rate expected, your logging is off somewhere. Whether it's not weighing foods to the gram, even prepackaged foods, or incorrectly measuring exercise calories, "eating better" is not accurate. I would address the first one, see how it goes for a few weeks, and go from there.