Workout volume while cutting

Options
bcgymbeast99
bcgymbeast99 Posts: 12 Member
edited May 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone here do less volume for there workouts while cutting or do they just leave it the same as if they were bulking or I guess even maintaining? I've always reduced volume a little but this time around decided to keep volume higher in hopes of losing bodyfat with extra calories burned. I hate cardio so I thought I'd see how this works out for me lol :)

Replies

• watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Personally, Unless your trying to get stage lean then I'd keep the volume the same
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I tend to drop my volume, but jack up intensity to pretty much maximal levels. That said, I also tend to line up my cut with a deload week, so I'm in and out before 1RM performance starts to suffer.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I tend to drop my volume, but jack up intensity to pretty much maximal levels. That said, I also tend to line up my cut with a deload week, so I'm in and out before 1RM performance starts to suffer.

My deadlift goes to pot while cutting
    But My squat is barely affected,
    'tis very strange
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    watts6151 wrote: »

My deadlift goes to pot while cutting
    But My squat is barely affected,
    'tis very strange

Interestingly, I'm the exact opposite. First goes squat, then bench, then overhead press, and finally deadlift. That said, I'm pretty much always back to maintenance before my ohp and deadlift can tank anyway.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

During a cut, I usually end up dropping a set, but bump up the intensity of the volume so I still have enough muscle stimulas.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    During a cut, I usually end up dropping a set, but bump up the intensity of the volume so I still have enough muscle stimulas.

That's the recommendation I've repeatedly seen from the most reliable sources. Drop volume, maintain intensity.