Losing it W/ Jillian

Options
Nickstery
Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
How many of you enjoy the show as much as my Fiance and I do? I am always amazed by how much they loose by the end of their goal time frame and then the rewards that they get also make me happy for them...... I know that I have joked around that we should be on it as well but I do not know that I could handle Jillian yelling at me.. but maybe she wouldn't if I was a hard worker.... who knows.... Thoughts?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I think its a great show, its motivation till the BL comes back on :)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I only watch it for Jillian and the transformations at the ending. I think it's just way too dramatic. They cry the entire episode!! Stop complaining! Ugh. I can't wait for the Biggest Loser to come on again. Losing It W/ Jillian will do for now, I guess.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I love it, I love the fact that it proves that people at home CAN do it, you have to make significant changes, but it can be done! I love her!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I love the show as well! She is pretty intense. I don't think I could handle it. I would probably cry like a baby.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Ive only seen 1 episode...my work schedule doesnt allow for much TV right now. I can catch it next week though :)

I love Jillian's methods and I think she's a great trainer. I signed up for her online site and I can tell you...it's tough! Im on 1400 calories and HIIT 1hr each day and she doesnt allow for eating exercise calories! Im hoping to get some results soon...this is only day 2 for me on her plan.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I love it too! Everything about the show is great! Although I don't think I could handle her yelling at me either, I get enough of that from her on the 30 day shred eachday :laugh:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I'm not super crazy about the show like I am about Biggest Loser. When they were first casting for it, I told my family that I wanted to apply, but my boyfriend said he'd have to stay away while Jillian was around and my sister refused to do it. I had to laugh in the episode where the dad of the family says, "Tell her I'm not here!" That would have been my boyfriend!
  • thisemmabites
    Options
    I like it. But I don't really believe in killing myself to lose weight. Her work outs kill....lol
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian! She is a bad *kitten* but also feels for the people she is helping. I love it when she works them so hard they break down and all their emotions come spilling out. There is no way we could push ourselves that hard. But I find myself looking closer at my feelings to try to stop this cycle of gain/loss. I also have 30 Day Shred and when she said there is no modification for jumping jacks, I just about died... but kept doing them!! Thanks Jillian.
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    I love it! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Get tips too!
  • mandyjanine
    mandyjanine Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love her!!!!!!!!!! love her show and the biggest loser! I so wish I could get her to come to my house! My husband hates veggies so that would be difficult, but I would love it!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I love Jillian and I love the biggest loser so this is definitely helping through the summer til the new biggest loser starts this fall!!! The people on the show so far all look amazing with the results they get in by time Jillian comes back for a follow up visit.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I like the show and I LOVE Jillian, but I really feel the weight loss is often over the top and unrealistic for the average person (same issue I have with Biggest Loser). I think that 50 lbs in 6 weeks is crazy (I think that's what the kid lost last week). When I watch the shows for just entertainment I LOVE them, but then I start thinking about the people out there who really have no clue how to lose weight and what is healthy vs just something to lose weight and I worry for them. They don't lose that 50 lbs in 6 weeks and they think they've failed, or if they've only lost 20 in 4 weeks and freak out and do ANYTHING to lose those extra 30 in 2 weeks. I think too much, I know :tongue: that's my only issue with it.
    I did learn a lot from this past one though. I get frustrated with my husband because he won't get on bored with the healthy lifestyle I've been living and she reminded me you can't make someone lose weight and be healthy if they don't want to :ohwell:
  • EboniA
    Options
    I like the show and I LOVE Jillian, but I really feel the weight loss is often over the top and unrealistic for the average person (same issue I have with Biggest Loser). I think that 50 lbs in 6 weeks is crazy (I think that's what the kid lost last week). When I watch the shows for just entertainment I LOVE them, but then I start thinking about the people out there who really have no clue how to lose weight and what is healthy vs just something to lose weight and I worry for them. They don't lose that 50 lbs in 6 weeks and they think they've failed, or if they've only lost 20 in 4 weeks and freak out and do ANYTHING to lose those extra 30 in 2 weeks. I think too much, I know :tongue: that's my only issue with it.
    I did learn a lot from this past one though. I get frustrated with my husband because he won't get on bored with the healthy lifestyle I've been living and she reminded me you can't make someone lose weight and be healthy if they don't want to :ohwell:
    I agree that the expectations are a bit unrealistic but when you are that unheathy, then drastically change your lifestyle through diet and exercise (not a fad), it is possible. Fry bread to fruit will make a huge difference. They probably workout an insane amount too though. That's hard to fit into a normal busy life.
  • simona1972
    Options
    Anyone watch last night's episode??

I think the weight loss with this couple was SO much more realistic! The woman lost 17lbs in those 6 weeks. THAT is do-able. The husband lost a bit over 30lbs - he had a lot to lose so that's realistic for him.

I was happier with this episode because it wasnt "over the top" weight loss.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    they looked great didn't they? that is realistic when you have a family/work..etc.....
    i love the show, even last week the younger boy of the tribe that lost 52 pounds, that is doable too, MUCH harder, but doable if that is all you are working on and I am sure in his case it was, being so young and not having a full-time job:)
    I wish i didn't have to work!
  • simona1972
    Options
    they looked great didn't they? that is realistic when you have a family/work..etc.....
    i love the show, even last week the younger boy of the tribe that lost 52 pounds, that is doable too, MUCH harder, but doable if that is all you are working on and I am sure in his case it was, being so young and not having a full-time job:)
    I wish i didn't have to work!

Even if I didnt have to work I dont think I could work out 5-6 hours a day! On her own website it's recommended that people NOT workout for more than 2 hours each day.
  • EboniA
    Options
    Last night's was more realistic but I could tell by Jillian's reaction that it wasn't a lot. She was satisfied but not amazed. I wonder if they made goals like the other episodes and maybe they cut it out because they didn't meet them. Still loving the show. I'm glad the mom quit smoking... wish my husband would!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I really liked last nights show, but I could relate to it a lot. I've been getting fit for a year and a half now and my husband has "tried" a few times, but still pushing close to 300lbs. I've gotten the message from this weeks and last that I can't make that choice for him, he has to do it himself.

I couldn't help but notice she didn't yell a lot on this one and she explained why she yells and why she doesn't. I know that's a HUGE complaint about anti-Jillian people on MFP so I can't help but think they are listening to that. I enjoyed a "yell free" show.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    kiffypooh-i saw your pics...you look great!
    i don't think she really had a reason to yell too much last night...or last week w/ the tribe. i think she saw that these people really wanted it, except for when she left the husband by himself to work w/ the wife. creating the intervention for the husband was sad but great!
    he lost more than 5 lbs a week for the finale, not too shabby! those little girls were 2 smart cookies!