One thing you refuse to sacrifice

Options

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My daily "high calorie" food is ice cream, can't give that up. But really it's not that high calorie, because I only have one serving.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    The only time I put cream in my coffee it's Bailey's Irish.

I've given up going back for seconds and sitting on the couch watching TV every night and all day Sunday.
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Alcohol

+1 I try to account for it during the day and leave myself a few calories... but i do like my end of the day drink(s).
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I have also not given anything up completely. I would rather have half the amount of "full fat / sugar" food than a larger amount of diet food.

Couldn't you just put milk in your coffee? I'm in the uk and nobody uses creamer here, just fresh milk. I find it completely overpowers the taste of the coffee when I drink it in America. Skimmed milk would be much less calorific I think.

You can. Lots of people do, but the taste/texture is different.

I don't drink regular coffee and always prefer my lattes with skim milk anyway, but I get what the other posters are saying because my mother is like that, except with heavy cream. She refuses to drink coffee without heavy cream - she's even irritated when only half-and-half is available at a restaurant. Says even whole milk makes it 'too watery' for her.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    There isn't really anything that I won't negotiate on - except having 'special' food at special occasions. Like some cake at a wedding or birthday, or an unusual dish if we go out to an upscale restaurant. And in those instances, if I go over, I go over. It's not frequent enough to cause me a problem.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I track my macro's, so I don't give up anything.
  • HostageCat
    HostageCat Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, french fries and pizza.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    CHEESE and diet soda.
  • wdedoelder
    wdedoelder Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. It is my treat every weekend. Once a week if I have been good :)
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything.

I have to reduce the amount/frequency of eating high calorie items but I'd never give up the things I like and enjoy.

Moderation.

I agree. I've never been successful losing weight or maintaining my weight loss by absolutely removing things I like. I succeed when I include anything I desire in moderation. Sometimes I choose not to eat something now because it doesn't fit my calorie budget, but I can and often do save it for another time.

I had a small slice of pie today. It was grossly sweet and I didn't enjoy it. So I stopped. The world did not implode. I logged the pie and I've moved on.
  • 7sorok
    7sorok Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Have to have something sweet, but I'm trying to manage the amount. The rest is easy
  • april3888
    april3888 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For me it's also coffee w/cream & sugar. I just cannot do without it.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Dessert. My dessert consists of halo top or a giant tub of greek yogurt, but still. I love eating late/right before bed. I'll never stop.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Nothing much really. I just try to eat less.
  • priyamvada_k
    priyamvada_k Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Won't totally give up anything. Will reduce quantity or frequency maybe. I track macros, and if I go over I try to exercise more over the weekend.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Carbs. Beautiful, delicious, crunchy or squishy carbs.
  • Stationagentjules
    Stationagentjules Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm still negotiating the Coffeemate creamer. When I weighed out how much was actually going in my cup, it worked out to around 145 calories. That amount made an impact on my daily CICO so now I'm trying other options.

Two months ago I would have said regular mayonnaise, but I'm becoming more flexible there too.

An occasional fresh beef hamburger right off the grill is non negotiable. I can totally skip the fast food burgers (no problem) but the homemade backyard burger is worth every bite.

• faby_1221
    faby_1221 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know it's empty calories, and obviously not good for my health, but I can't give up drinking with friends at the weekend :)
  • mommamia30189
    mommamia30189 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this one! I LOVE the Sweet Cream Italian Sugar Free Creamer by Coffee Mate- I only use a small amount mixed with Cashew milk-but I live for my coffee.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    My dignity.

I refuse to eat overpriced food junk items that are marketed to be diet friendly. (Low cal/low fat), and pretend to love them.

Instead I will enjoy real food, that is both delicious and healthy, while also fitting in more indulgent treats.