More than just the "numbers"

Options
mkdm291
mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
Hello all.
I am far from new on MFP. As I sit and write this, I am in a lot of pain due to a strained back and torn shoulder. Yup.... a result of not being as in shape as I used to be and attempting to lift weights that were too heavy overhead after I was out of the game for TOO long. I am self-diagnosing the "torn" diagnosis, but fairly significant pain for about 2 months now. Yes, I plan to get to a doctor and do not intend on allowing it to go on for much longer. (End of the school year craziness with 2 boys getting in the way).
So.. reintroduction: I am a 42 year old working mom of 2 boys. I also work in a school. I am looking forward to some extra time over the summer to work up my running again. I am 5'4 and 147 pounds. I would like to lose about 15-20 pounds. While this is certainly not a lot by others standards, I have not successfully completed it after many years - so there's that.
However, I am learning that with all of the aches, pains, and exhaustion that more than numbers on a scale, I need to get healthy and fit again. So... here I am.
Feel free to add if you wish.

Replies

• spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm a 44 year old single mom of 2 boys...lol
    I have similar issues with finding time to work out, and not hurting myself when I do. I still act like I'm 24 and not 44. Anyway, feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. Oh, I'm 5'3" at 137lbs looking to lose about 5-10lbs, so we have similar goals as well...And I am certainly not new to MFP. Been on here for years!!! I've always had to count calories. When I rejoined a couple year ago, I was 150. It's possible, but with so little to lose it's extremely hard!!
    Good luck on your journey...