10,000 steps a day.......what else?

Hi I have signed up to walk all over cancer in June and walk 10,000 steps every day in June for cancer research. I am doing this in memory of my husbands friend who died ages 35 in March.

Also a motivation for me to do this is to get fit and healthy myself and as people have donated a lot of money I HAVE to do this each day! So while I am walking my 10,000 steps a day what else can I do to help with weightloss/toning my body (stomach mostly) My little boy is now 2 and my stomach muscles are still nothing like they used to be so I really want to utilise these 30 days when I am in the fitness zone to help me on my way to a better body!

I am 36, 5ft 4" and about 10 stone. I am not massively over weight but I want to just feel fitter, look more toned and be maybe half a stone lighter!

Would you say weight training a couple of days a week as well as the walking will make a difference? I am fine with food as I eat healthy anyway - apart from a few treats on a weekend but mon - fri I am pretty good and cook everything myself from scratch but if there was any food to avoid whilst trying to flatten my belly any tips for that?

I just need a bit of advice please if anyone can help. Thanks xxx