Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Halo Top

2»

Replies

• thatdesertgirl777
    thatdesertgirl777 Posts: 269 Member
    Now I want Sea Salt Caramel a halo top, and I'm all out :/
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    I personally think this "ice cream" is disgusting. Im even more disgusted that i have hundreds of dollars of it stashed in my freezer because i fell victim to fomo mentality.

It took hundreds of dollars before you realized you didn't like it? Or you bought a sh.i.t.-ton of it before trying it first?

My son had me try some, and it was okay. I don't get the hype.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    toxikon wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Soooo did we rule out it going numb due to the fact you're eating ice cream?

I understand you may be having a reaction but let's rule out the obvious "it's ice cream" answer first shall we?

THEN what I would do is find out what ingredients are in Halo Top that are in OTHER ice cream brands and eat them (for science) and eliminate what is SPECIFIC ingredient is causing a reaction.

Science man. science.

It's the erythritol. Some people just have a sensitivity to it that causes tongue numbness/tingling.

I read your post above- was perfectly logical to me- I just- you know- Occam's razor and all. wanted to ask the question first.

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    missh1967 wrote: »
    I personally think this "ice cream" is disgusting. Im even more disgusted that i have hundreds of dollars of it stashed in my freezer because i fell victim to fomo mentality.

It took hundreds of dollars before you realized you didn't like it? Or you bought a sh.i.t.-ton of it before trying it first?

I don't see any hype. It's just low cal ice cream that doesn't taste crappy for the most part. *shrug*
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

IMO, the hype is because there's finally a "diet food" that doesn't taste like complete and utter shitttt, I can eat a pint guilt free, and it helps me hit my protein for the day.

Exactly this!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

IMO, the hype is because there's finally a "diet food" that doesn't taste like complete and utter shitttt, I can eat a pint guilt free, and it helps me hit my protein for the day.

this.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    Low-carb AND low-cal! A godsend for low-carb folks.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2017

Yeah, I saw it at WF (before MFP) and tried it and thought it was okay, not as good as their low cal gelato (more calories, better texture). Then I saw it talked about on MFP and tried it again and decided that some flavors are better than others. Still not probably going to be my choice vs. a smaller amount of higher cal but better ice cream (to my taste -- however, I actually may start experimenting with making my own with cream and erythritol, though, as homemade ice cream is fun).

I'm glad it exists.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    I tried Halo Top since folks were raving about it.. I was not impressed. It was rather watery. I wont need to buy it again. if Im going to have ice cream, I'm going to have the good stuff. If something tastes too diety then its no fun.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited June 2017
    I bought some of the peanut butter and chocolate and it's okay but it's not like real ice cream. I haven't eaten anymore since the first that I ate and is sitting in the freezer. It will likely go in the garbage. :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    perkymommy wrote: »
    I bought some of the peanut butter and chocolate and it's okay but it's not like real ice cream. I haven't eaten anymore since the first that I ate and is sitting in the freezer. It will likely go in the garbage. :(

Stupid question but did you leave it at room temperature for 20 minutes first? (I just use the 'soften ice cream' option on my microwave 1.5 time). Makes a huge difference.

But I agree that some flavors taste more like 'diet' ice cream than others.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Nope, never had that sensation before, and I eat a shitton of halotop, by the pint. sounds super weird, possibly some allergic reaction.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    I'd never heard of it until I read these message boards. I got some chocolate peanut butter cup the other day. It was good. However, I have self control issues. I'm not even a big ice cream fan, but I realized if I'm going to buy it, it'd better be on a day I have the whole pint planned into my calories for the day. I did stretch it out to 3 days, but I spent way too much time obsessing over the fact that it was in my freezer.