Getting myself back on track

Options
I'm bringing myself back to using MFP, after little over a year of having gone off.

The first time I started, back in fall of 2011, I weighed 220 lbs. Over the course of about 10 months, I lost 40 lbs. Unfortunately, between a lot of stress being brought on from various facets of life, I stopped logging, and slowly slipped back into old habits. Over the course of the year, I've gained back 10 lbs. I tried a couple of months ago to restart, but couldn't find the motivation.

I'm not sure what got to me this time, but a week ago, I logged myself back into MFP, and picked up where I left off.

I'm currently at 190 lbs, with a long-term goal weight of 130. At the moment, I know my biggest challenge is going to be redirecting stress away from food, and into different activities. As my first step towards that end, I'm going back to my childhood and taking up something I used to love: tap dancing. I'm also looking for other "fun" forms of exercise. :)

Replies

• jbrow2487
    jbrow2487 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just started back up on MFP too :) Today is the 3rd consecutive day logging and working out since I started back at it on Tuesday. I'm already feeling great. So don't worry, you can do it :) I went back to school last year which took up all of my time. So I recently decided, no more excuses, we can do this.
  • kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jbrow... no more excuses ! I just got back on here too after a long break. Looking for new friends to keep me on track

Mark
  • martygirl21
    martygirl21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also having some ups and downs with my weight loss journey. However, now I am much more determined and am looking for new friends to support and receive support! Hope you keep on your journey :)
  • ginag516
    ginag516 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello there I just started logging in to my fitnesspal still loosing the weight down 40lbs hoping to loose 50 more at the end of the year So welcome back !! also looking for buddies to keep on track and workout buddies
  • tigrisaligris
    Options
    Hello everyone :)

I should make "no more excuses" my motto. Definitely need to stop making excuses to be lazy on my days off.
  • Sherwood89
    Sherwood89 Posts: 21
    Options
    i too had just over a year off and am back again to whoop my backside back into shape!

Lets do it!

:)
  • xantorrau
    xantorrau Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello,

i'm completely new, started a week ago. I will not lie - don't think i can log on here daily and put in everything i ate. But, after couple of days actually doing so, i jumpstarted my new life changes. Hope that this is going to be an interesting journey from overweight me back to myself. ;))