my biggest problem with being overweight...

Options
My self image... All through highschool and even my first 2 years of college, I was "big" but not "fat." I had a big butt and big chest, so I had good proportions to hide the extra weight. Now after my first child I am 211 pounds. In the past week, I have paid more attention to what I eat, and it's not that great. I have also realized this problem and now I've ordered Focus T25 to start Monday after my 6 week checkup with my son. I've become a beachbody coach as well. I want to coach and be able to help people leading by example. My mom was morbidly obese when I was in high school because of depression, not leaving the couch, steroid shots for back problems, and eating little Debbie's. she couldn't do anything with us because her back would hurt or she couldn't breathe or she wouldn't want to be seen in public. She was 425 pounds that we know of when she finally had gastric bypass surgery which went wrong and for the next year she threw up whatever she ate or drank and got to 98 pounds and almost died my senior year. All of this could have been solved if she would get off the couch and worked out or got help earlier. She was even more depressed the heavier she got, she hated herself, and knew people made fun of us when they saw us in public because of how heavy she was, so I lost my mom on many levels. I don't want that to happen to me, I was so miserable when I was pregnant because of how big I was. Even now, I'm starting to get depressed because of my weight, I hate shopping because nothing fits or feels right. I don't want Maddox to be made fun of when he is older for having a fat mom. I want to be able to run and play with him and play baseball as he gets older, not sit on the couch and miss out. My goal for the next month is to drink Shakeology at least once a day and drop at least 8 lbs. I'd like to move up in rank eventually, but for now, I just want to get healthy and help others and if they sign up and buy programs from me, that's good too

What is the worst part for you?

Replies

• SweetieMelissa
    SweetieMelissa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is really not ever wearing a bikini... that's my goal, to wear a bikini. I want to get toned as well.
    I just want to get fit for me and no one else.

Also, to show off to everyone that went to my high school....

Good luck. I am always here for you if you need to talk (even on facebook!) <3
  • arielkaylou
    arielkaylou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks girl :) I just sent you a message on facebook by the way ! I want to be in a bikini too, sometimes I feel I'm not pretty enough for my husband, especially after having Maddox. :/ He likes me to wear bathing suits (im sure he'd really like a bikini) but that's not gonna happen until I'm comfortable in it
  • SweetieMelissa
    SweetieMelissa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks girl :) I just sent you a message on facebook by the way ! I want to be in a bikini too, sometimes I feel I'm not pretty enough for my husband, especially after having Maddox. :/ He likes me to wear bathing suits (im sure he'd really like a bikini) but that's not gonna happen until I'm comfortable in it

Oh yes. You need to be comfortable in it. :) I think he will love you either way ^_^
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    The bigger I got, the less control I felt I had. I thought I was choosing healthier foods but my weight continued to rise. It didn't help my depression and I was damn right miserable all the time. My hormones seemed to be going crazy and I was struggling to control my emotions. Life has been so much better since I joined MFP and regained control.
  • arielkaylou
    Options
    Congrats on so much weight loss, :)
  • nfpswife
    nfpswife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm down anywhere from 95-105 lbs on any given day...depends on what I've decided to eat/drink that week. I still have about 5-10 lbs to get where I want to be, with a lot more muscle toning, but it's a process.

My biggest issue is my own self image. I look at pictures of myself NOW (where I'm about a size 4) and I don't even believe it's me. I still feel like I'm a size 24-26 and weighing 240 lbs.

The "easiest" way to do it is to set mini-goals. I lost my weight 10 lbs at a time, never really FOCUSING on the bigger picture. It's easier to think of 10 lbs, rather than 100. I also started the C25K and ran my first half marathon this past weekend. I promise you, if I can do it, anyone can. It's all mental, and if you want it and work for it, it will happen!!!!
  • arielkaylou
    Options
    Wow, that makes sense. I've heard that a lot. Focus on 10 lbs rather than 100. Which I may try to do now. My eye opener was my son. I've lost weight before (25 lbs with Insanity) and that seemed so different. Where now, I find a million things I want to do (like hold my baby boy), but this is for his sake. And my sake. I just want to shop in the regular sectioin again too, not the plus size :/
    I'm down anywhere from 95-105 lbs on any given day...depends on what I've decided to eat/drink that week. I still have about 5-10 lbs to get where I want to be, with a lot more muscle toning, but it's a process.

My biggest issue is my own self image. I look at pictures of myself NOW (where I'm about a size 4) and I don't even believe it's me. I still feel like I'm a size 24-26 and weighing 240 lbs.

The "easiest" way to do it is to set mini-goals. I lost my weight 10 lbs at a time, never really FOCUSING on the bigger picture. It's easier to think of 10 lbs, rather than 100. I also started the C25K and ran my first half marathon this past weekend. I promise you, if I can do it, anyone can. It's all mental, and if you want it and work for it, it will happen!!!!
  • iowasweetie101
    Options
    My biggest problem is not being able to keep up with friends or my younger siblings, not doing fun things with my friends that involve being active because I sweat so easily, and not having cute clothes that fit well.