"Watching What I Eat......."

Options
I'm getting SO TIRED of seeing people say this. I've always watched what I eat, it prevents me from putting string beans into my ear! I've noticed that most people say this when they don't measure and record, because people who DO measure and record say that's what they do.

I'm thinking " watching what I eat" means a half hearted attempt to cut back on stuff that works against weight loss goals without eliminating stuff or saving it for special occasions.

I don't "watch what I eat." I've stopped eating things that have stopped my progress in the past and started eating
amounts of foods that I've learned will advance my quest for health.

So how about you? Do you "watch what YOU eat?"

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    naked in front of a mirror.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    MyProgressISYour1Proof Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    it all depends on how you see "watching what you eat" as. I eat in smaller portions and according to how I workout plus when I'm hungry. It works for me. I hope that makes sense but we are all different.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It does seem a lil weak!!!

I CONTROL what I eat!!!! Yep .......That's Better!!! :drinker:
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    GO Peachy1962 -- you got that right -- CONTROL. way better than sitting back and Watching yourself down a bag of cookies!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    How about manage?
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Only so I dont miss my mouth and poke myself in the eye .....
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I count calories. I log it, i eat it. That is all.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    So... If we were on guard duty and it was your turn to go on watch, would you bring this same approach to language?

Words in English can often have multiple meanings. Along with not declining, it's what makes the language so versatile. You can create subtle shades of meaning by simply rearranging the order of your words in a sentence (impossible in Latin).