Help!! I'm sinking!

Options
2»

Replies

• Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Vhat are you sinking about? (German accent)
    Nah, OP created this account one week ago and hasn't logged on since. I don't think they've been as diligent with tracking as we assume.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    veganj1 wrote: »
    YOLO145 wrote: »
    Don't "watch" what you eat..."weigh" what you eat with a food scale.

That becomes so tedious. I can't go longer than a few months tracking every little thing and using measuring cups for everything...yuck.

I'm doing much better right now just cutting back on a little bit of meal sizes, cutting out most sugary snacks (and most snacks in general)...burnout is a thing a lot of people face when given such a daunting task.

You call it "tedious", I call it "success" while enjoying what I eat and including "sugary snacks".
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    @veganj1 agreed it is tedious but overall it gets easier. For example, because I am *finally using a food scale I realized how easy it is to underestimate a serving of good-for-high calorie high fat mixed nuts. I'm not as meticulous about it now, but once I get closer to my goal weight I know I'll hVe to be. Just sayin'

If you can do it that's great, I couldn't. I just guesstimate and it's working great for me.

That's wonderful for you. However, the OP asked a question and told us that what they are doing isn't working great for them. If the OP were having success with the method they have chosen, this would not be a thread.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

That becomes so tedious. I can't go longer than a few months tracking every little thing and using measuring cups for everything...yuck.

I'm doing much better right now just cutting back on a little bit of meal sizes, cutting out most sugary snacks (and most snacks in general)...burnout is a thing a lot of people face when given such a daunting task.

So what is your helpful advice to the OP?

My helpful advise is don't get too caught up in things that you'll quit in a few months. So something sustainable. What's your helpful advise?

I haven't given any yet because I was waiting for clarification from the OP so that my advice could be more specific. Looks like that may not happen.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    OP's first visit and last visit was May 30. I move we vote sine die.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Rusty740 wrote: »

hss1nd0tuzgf.jpg
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

I've been doing it since January. Probably will do it forever since I'm watching certain things for medical reasons. It becomes habit.