not eating enough/ breaking the plateau!

Options
I'm noticing that I'm having trouble eating all of my exercise calories each day, and think it might be the reason I can't break out of this plateau. I had previously lost 10 lbs on WeightWatchers then hit a plateau for about 6-8 weeks. I joined MFP about 2 weeks ago after realizing that I was not eating nearly enough calories in a day on WW. I had been taking in about 800-1000 calories per day, and exercising on top of it- yet somehow staying within my weekly "points". Yes I know this is not healthy whatsoever, which is why I'm now on MFP :) Now that I'm actually aware of how many (few) calories I'm taking in, some days I find it hard to get enough net calories. On days that I exercise (usually burning between 500-800 calories) I feel like I'm constantly shoving food in my face and at the end of the day I still have too many left. I don't want to fill up on processed foods, but fruits and veggies don't exactly have the most calories. I also don't want to wait until dinner time or after to eat all of the calories. I have 10-15 lbs left to lose, still haven’t really broken free of the plateau. Suggestions?

Replies

• Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Options
    The best way i found to break my plateau was to change up your workout routine, If you always run on the treadmill try to lift some light weights then do the elliptical or whatever suits you best. Try to eat more calorie dense foods, oats or quinoa are good for you and have a fair amount of cals. Red meats pack a boat load of cals