Getting Married! Who else??

Options
Any ladies out there getting married soon??? I have been an active member on here for 2 years and need some motivating friends to push through some unwanted pounds! I have been very lazy this summer and need to get back on track and lose about 15-20 pounds before my wedding. I'm getting married May, 2014 and figure I have plenty of time to lose without making excuses!!! Please add me if you are in the same situation as me and are looking to kick these last unwanted pounds *kitten*!!!

Replies

• redshoes86
    redshoes86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next year too - 26th April 2014. I'll add you :)
  • clar3188
    clar3188 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm getting married in 2 weeks! (August) I have been trying to get from 160 lbs to 130 lbs since last July (2012). I have only managed to make it to 143 lbs. I am currently refocusing on loosing 1 inch (or more) around my waist in the next 2 weeks.

Don't worry you will get out of your funk (being lazy) in your own time. You still have lots of time. :smooched:
  • Kierstypants7
    Kierstypants7 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! :)
    I'm getting married in 3 months.
    Don't have much of a goal, just gonna bust my butt.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am not getting married but my son is!
    Oct 12, 2013
    (he is my only child)
  • rockinjennydee
    rockinjennydee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in Cancun next July 2014. :)

I'll add you ladies...my pic is my motivation! (I want that dress!!!)
  • LKG31
    LKG31 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm getting marrid 5.31.2014. I have 20-30lbs I want to lose before then as well!! I've been active on here for 8 months, but need to kick it into overdrive!! Feel free to add me :)
  • redshoes86
    redshoes86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Getting married in 12 weeks. Feel like I've wasted so much time and now its getting so close! Annoyed with myself...but...just gotta push myself to smash these last 12 weeks!
  • davidsonl13
    Options
    I get married in 100 days!! I've not bought my dress yet, going to work my bum off to shift some lbs and start looking in April (nothing like cutting it fine)
  • mrscollis91
    mrscollis91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Heyyyy!!
    I also get married in around 100 days and have a fair bit I would like to shift so I am gonna work my fat butt off and if all else fails get a waist cincher!!!
  • mrscollis91
    mrscollis91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Getting married in 12 weeks. Feel like I've wasted so much time and now its getting so close! Annoyed with myself...but...just gotta push myself to smash these last 12 weeks!

I feel the same but we will like you say have to really smash it and make the most of everyday we have!! I have faith in you! xx
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I did get married once, although I am not entirely sure what that had to do with fitness and exercise....
  • davidsonl13
    Options
    I did get married once, although I am not entirely sure what that had to do with fitness and exercise....

motivation for losing weight for the big day?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    5/3/14, yay may brides!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I get married in 100 days!! I've not bought my dress yet, going to work my bum off to shift some lbs and start looking in April (nothing like cutting it fine)

your not going to have time to get any alterations done and finding a dress on the rack that fits perfect is pretty rare, thats some risky business you are pulling
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

Oh really? (didnt click on to that...)

In that case... dont waste your time. Weddings are overrated, overhyped and overpriced ceremonies anyway.
  • davidsonl13
    Options

your not going to have time to get any alterations done and finding a dress on the rack that fits perfect is pretty rare, thats some risky business you are pulling

I'm planning on just getting a nice dress from a dept store, I've got my eye on a few, I was never intending to go to a bridal store or get one that needs alterations.
  • davidsonl13
    Options

Oh really? (didnt click on to that...)

In that case... dont waste your time. Weddings are overrated, overhyped and overpriced ceremonies anyway.

That's why we're eloping :-)
  • jlederman71
    jlederman71 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    May wedding here too!!!!!!!!!! May 17, 2014. I dont know where all the time went! I need to get these pounds off!!
  • GiantBrownie
    Options
    I'm getting married in April of '15!

We like to plan ahead. LOL
  • paigebeverly
    paigebeverly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OCT. 25 2014 here. I have 37 more pounds to go until I reach my goal for the wedding. Once I reach that goal 25 more. I'm not buying my dress until July so maybe I will reach both my goals by then.