Breakfast for Biking to Work

2»

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    10k isn't enough worry about fueling.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Thanks for all your input, folks. I know it's not a far distance but this is my first time riding that far on a daily basis and was curious to know how other bikers eat prior to a commuting distance ride as opposed to a long distance ride.

yeah; i don't feel like i 'need' to eat either. so long as i've had enough coffee and i pack my breakfast shake, i'm good.

i did find the bike commute getting much harder when i added weightlifting to my life a few years ago, though. creatine probably helps me more than food when it comes to levelling out those heavy-legs mornings right after a gym day.

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited June 2017
    I think it is a case of personal reference. I walk to work currently (4,5 km) , but on occasion have to commute to another office 11 km away that I bike to. There is no change in my breakfast between the two. In part because I like my breakfast too much.
    It consists of fruit (most often kiwifruit and red grapes), a little simple grain muesli (nothing else but the grains) and turkish yoghurt.