30 Day June Challenge Core and Tricep Dips

Options
littlewolf3785
littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
Will be starting a 30 day June Challenge to mix it up with your regular workouts. If you are with me for this challenge hang tight, gonna be tough, we can all do it.
e2jlfzz3b36k.jpg
a0bnbyf4nysu.jpg

Replies

• EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Hm lol you lost me at the sit ups :P I Never do any core or abs. But good luck !
  • dennull1279
    dennull1279 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Oh wow, that is gonna be punishment! I'm in!
  • vaaal1
    vaaal1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Following!! First 30 day challenge!
  • littlewolf3785
    Options
    Hm lol you lost me at the sit ups :P I Never do any core or abs. But good luck !

No quiters!! No pain, no gain as I say.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    can I ask what you expect to gain from these challenges? working the same muscle groups 3-4 days in a row on top of other exercises which may work the same muscles is asking for an injury from overuse. also sit ups work mainly the hip flexors and crunches are pretty much pointless.
  • littlewolf3785
    Options
    can I ask what you expect to gain from these challenges? working the same muscle groups 3-4 days in a row on top of other exercises which may work the same muscles is asking for an injury from overuse. also sit ups work mainly the hip flexors and crunches are pretty much pointless.

The first challenge works the whole area of the abdominal area. As for the second challenge that is for the arms. The other exercises I would be referring to is if people add leg day or if people run, jog or walk. There are always different forms of exercise to choose from. That's why they make choices.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

The first challenge works the whole area of the abdominal area. As for the second challenge that is for the arms. The other exercises I would be referring to is if people add leg day or if people run, jog or walk. There are always different forms of exercise to choose from. That's why they make choices.

I know what they are supposed to be for,it doesnt work the whole area of the abdominal area. sit ups are more effective for hip flexors and it works them more than abs,Like I said crunches are pointless. while planks and leg raises can help strengthen core,its not going to result in fat loss or a trim belly(which Im hoping is not the case for these challenges).as for just doing tricep dips, again you are focusing on one muscle and working it 4 days a week. not a good idea as muscles need rest for repair. overusing them can result in an injury.

But hey if you want to do them its your choice and anyone else who wants to do it, too much of anything is not a good thing.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    100 dips at day 30 is one hell of a goal! That's a lot of punishment. Kudos to those who succeed.