Cravings and finding the underlying cause

Options
Hi everybody,

it's been almost two months since I started tracking, doing intermittent fasting and working out. My results have been great so far. These tools have allowed me to achieve a balance between fun and health, something that eluded me for quite some time.

My problem is that recently i've been having some strong cravings for junk food (specially for sugar), which I hadn't experienced in all of these weeks...or if I did experience them I would just include a treat with my calories and macros or save the treat for a cheat day.

The difference with these cravings is that they keep coming back even though I have a treat here or there. The cravings are also quite strong.

I feel like there is something off balance. I have to add that there has also been more stress in my life in the past couple of days and I have not been getting as much rest as I should. ¿Any other ideas why I might be experiencing these cravings?

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you've already named the top two reasons for cravings. Stress and lack of sleep will do it for many.

Another reason would be having too high of a deficit and mental fatigue if you've been dieting for a while. The mental fatigue would obviously be made worse by both stress and lack of sleep.