Getting Hung Up On Numbers

Options
ZenZeta
ZenZeta Posts: 19 Member
In a past life I walked a stage as a fitness model, and I think I'm just getting stuck in an unhealthy mindset.

I currently have my macros set at a 40% protein / 30 carbs / 30% fat split, but I keep blowing the fat macro out of the water.

The thing is, two whole eggs, 1/4 cup of almonds, a teaspoon of coconut oil and 1/2 avocado exceeds my macro.

I know that fat doesn't make you fat, and I am still only eating at maintenance on workout days and about 200 - 300 calories below maintenance on rest days. The number just bugs me.

These are considered "healthy fats" so am I just overthinking this?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you're maintaining/losing as you expect then yes, over thinking...
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    If you're maintaining/losing as you expect then yes, over thinking...

Agreed

Maybe just have a protein goal and let the rest of the pieces fall wherever? You already know it doesn't matter-that's why you're asking!! Enjoy your fats
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I suggest using your fat goal as a minimum and carbs as a max
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I personally like following a diet high in fat because I find it satiating and it makes me feel good. So I personally wouldn't worry too much about eating too many healthy fats, as long as you're hitting your protein goal.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    I suggest using your fat goal as a minimum and carbs as a max

I too have a similar philosophy. Protein should be a set number, fats a minimum and carbs the remainder. Also percentages are not optimal. Use values based on your LBM