New HRM

Options
iluv70s
iluv70s Posts: 18 Member
Ok, so I bought a Polar 6 HRM, and I have read the directions, but I must be a moron, because I can not figure out how to get the calories to start working. I have put in all my personal info. I can make the clock start ticking when I'm exercising, but it's not counting any calories, heart rate, nothing! Does anyone have one of these, and can you please walk me through how to make this thing work??

Thanks!

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Do you have the chest strap on? That's the only way to get it to work. You have to be wearing the transmitter.
  • sarahricks
    sarahricks Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have the 7 and the button configuration looks the same so maybe they start the same. Anyway to start I click the center button on the right. It takes a couple seconds to get my rate and then after it does I have to press it again to get it to start calculating my calories burned. While I'm in that mode I press the top and bottom buttons on the right to change the view from pulse to calories and so forth. Hope this helps you out.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    First, do you have the chest strap on? DId you wet it before putting it on. Then press the center button three times. Where did you purchase the watch. They may be of some help. I also printed the manual off line because it is more help that the direction with the watch.
    Gail
  • iluv70s
    iluv70s Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HA! No, I have not been wearing the chest strap!! I thought it was optional! I will give that a try with my workout this evening! Thank you all so much!!