Looking for friends training for something!

Options
JetJaguar
JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Anyone training for anything? I'd like to add some friends who are training for something beyond/in addition to weight loss. Could be any goal at any level: C25K, bodybuilding, Spartan Run, football, a marathon, anything. I want to hear from people to help with inspiration and motivation.

Myself, I'm returning to cycling after a long break. In the past I've been a cyclist, runner, and triathlete, and played Gaelic hurling with a local club for awhile. My current goal is to cut back down to my old riding weight (~17-18 lbs to go), then build my cycling legs back up. I have no specific events planned at the moment, other than a local century ride here in November.

Replies

• ateleso83
    ateleso83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am training withmy soon to "run" a 5k. I usually do several every year but I walk. A few weeks ago I tried running part of one and now want to run as much as possible in the next one.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    ateleso83 wrote: »
    I am training withmy soon to "run" a 5k. I usually do several every year but I walk. A few weeks ago I tried running part of one and now want to run as much as possible in the next one.

That's terrific! Have you heard of the Galloway method? It's a running technique that includes planned walk intervals. Some Galloway runners can average a pretty good pace doing that.
  • lauriebakesg
    lauriebakesg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am training for Camogie and soccer right now. Any advice on improving my puck out distance? also, it feels like I am developing tennis elbow? I am back playing after two years and I might have overdone it in my last training session!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a half marathon in May
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my black belt grading in October. I don't know if I will make the grade, but it is the goal
  • johnny8bit
    johnny8bit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m training for my debut boxing fight in May. I’m running 3/4 days a week, 3 days sparring and boxing, one circuit training and one Gym weights session. I’m a recovering alcoholic making the best of myself, to show others that recovery is possible. ❤️