20lbs left to lose by end of June?

Options
magdadgam
magdadgam Posts: 13 Member
I started my weight loss journey in January at my heaviest weight of 165lbs. I was horrified when I saw that number. I was determined to get back to my high school weight of 130lbs. I cut out all processed food except for my once per week cheat meal. After 3 months I weighed 150 lbs. I wasn't exercising at all though. Then college exams came and by the end of May (today) I had gained 5lbs back. Today I'm getting back on track with healthy eating and I'm going to the gym tonight. I'm trying to lose 20lbs now by the end of June if that's possible/healthy...?
Add me if you want to motivate each other

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    20 Lbs in four weeks isn't remotely realistic...that's 5 Lbs per week which means you'd have to be in a 2,500 calorie per day deficit which basically means you would have to consume nothing for a month which would obviously not be healthy...
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    20 Lbs in four weeks isn't remotely realistic...that's 5 Lbs per week which means you'd have to be in a 2,500 calorie per day deficit which basically means you would have to consume nothing for a month which would obviously not be healthy...

This ^^^^. Losing 5 lbs a week means losing .7 lbs/day. You could probably lost 4-5 lbs in that time. Is that any reason not to try? It took you 3 months to lose 15 lbs (normal). The less you have to lose, the slower it is going to be, not faster.
  • magdadgam
    magdadgam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys. I know I won't lose 20lbs by the end of June. I'm just eating healthy and exercising and losing as much as I can naturally. I will lose those 20lbs eventually though.
  • ISparkyI
    ISparkyI Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You definitely have the right attitude, and when you lost the 15 pounds over the 3 month period your rate of loss was excellent (just over a pound per week). I would say stick with what you were doing during that period and be comfortable that you are losing weight in a safe manner. Main thing I do notice is your determination so all the best and good luck!
  • famousruby
    famousruby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too. Need 25 by end of july
  • Chaarmcity
    Chaarmcity Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yessss lawd I need you lol Im tryna lose 30 by July 6th my bday. I def wanna watch ur progress
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    While you may not (and shouldn't) lose that much weight in that short of a time frame, you can absolutely workout. It does help with the inches (speaking from experience here) and you'll look better, even if you're not at your goal weight :)
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I have about 20 to lose as well. I'd like to lose it by my birthday in October though...haha.