Where are y'all from

Originally from Omaha, Nebraska (YEAH!! I 'm a Husker!!) Spent about 13 years in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. Currently residing in Venice, Florida.

Replies

• sporangia
    sporangia Posts: 50 Member
    Hi there! I'm in Lincoln, Nebraska now. I grew up in Iowa, spent a couple years in Missouri, five years in Georgia, and a couple other years in Oregon. I visited Tampa last summer and was taken aback by how friendly people were in the small towns of Florida. The kindness of the people there was much different than what I expected. It seemed like almost everyone there was originally from somewhere else.

How did you end up in Florida?
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    Im Live in River Rouge MI
  • hillaryflicka92
    hillaryflicka92 Posts: 613 Member
    New Brunswick, Canada :)
  • HardyS81
    HardyS81 Posts: 2 Member
    35 Alabama
  • margecollin
    margecollin Posts: 11 Member
    Hi to all of you and a shout out to my friend from Lincoln. We originally retired to Arkansas and thought we would stay there. However, we had spent every winter in Florida after we retired. Finally made the decision to make the move. We are about an hour and a half south of Tampa. People are friendly in Florida because we are all from somewhere else.
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Louisiana here
  • weightl0ss_beast
    weightl0ss_beast Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2017
    INDIA
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Sydney, Australia, Hi!
  • Ashley1986x
    Ashley1986x Posts: 39 Member
    Scotland
  • JessieJ237
    JessieJ237 Posts: 5 Member
    Stoke on trent! Uk
  • cynean
    cynean Posts: 2 Member
    I just moved to Warrensburg, MO to be with the love of my life :) But I'm originally from Montana.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Dublin, Ireland
  • GMPOTS
    GMPOTS Posts: 19 Member
    Lakeland Florida, 32 miles east of Tampa, and 35 miles west of Disney, which my GGranddaughter loves!
  • sporangia
    sporangia Posts: 50 Member
    cynean wrote: »
    I just moved to Warrensburg, MO to be with the love of my life :) But I'm originally from Montana.

This thread is eerie. I lived in Warrensburg for the two years I was in MO. Met my future partner in life there too. The topography of that area is quite beautiful. Have you visited the mansion north of Sedalia that's on the cliff? It's a wonderful story and building to visit.
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    It's a secret
  • danielh1978
    danielh1978 Posts: 14 Member
    Hiya. I'm from London UK but currently living in Cork Ireland. Helloooooo from a green and very wet Cork!

Dan.
  • Jamie23049
    Jamie23049 Posts: 16 Member
    the UK
  • MsDeeHawk12
    MsDeeHawk12 Posts: 52 Member
    Champaign, Illinois.... but I still call the beautiful Pacific Northwest HOME!
  • MsDeeHawk12
    MsDeeHawk12 Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2017
    Cork Ireland. Helloooooo from a green and very wet Cork!

Dan.

I LOVE Cork....and, while I visited it was very green and very wet. LOL
  • Chaarmcity
    Chaarmcity Posts: 9 Member
    Baltimore, Maryland small lilttle state.