Diabetis + food + exercise

Options
Hello everyone
About a month I found out I had diabetis and this have changed my life.
I use this application to track my food intake specially my nutrients I paid for the year subscription. I figure my health is worth than 50 bucks.
I would like to ask if anyone else is using the program with this purpose. I went back to power lifting. Yet I have to loose some weight and I eat less than my adjusted calorie intake is because otherwise there will be no change.
Any suggestions or comments.
Fellow free to share.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you set your goal to lose weight, then you should be able to lose eating that number of calories
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    A low carb high fat diet can help lower blood glucose numbers more quickly. I use MFP to track my macros more than anything.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,693 Member
    Options
    My husband is diabetic. When he is really active he is able to discontinue his medications. Unfortunately, most of the time he isn't very active and his weight is too high. If you were recently diagnosed, it is possible you can control your blood sugar by losing weight and being more active without needing meds. Good luck.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Before telling OP he can control his blood sugar through diet, perhaps we should establish if he is Type 1 or Type 2? Because what may be very good for type 2 would be an absolute disaster for type 1. OP? Can you advise?

Very true.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Before telling OP he can control his blood sugar through diet, perhaps we should establish if he is Type 1 or Type 2? Because what may be very good for type 2 would be an absolute disaster for type 1. OP? Can you advise?

If he is type 1, then weight loss isn't going to change anything. OP probably received medical advice to lose weight in order to manage diabetes. If a competent medical professional told him that (my assumption based on his post), then he has type 2.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

If he is type 1, then weight loss isn't going to change anything. OP probably received medical advice to lose weight in order to manage diabetes. If a competent medical professional told him that (my assumption based on his post), then he has type 2.

He doesn't say anything about weight loss. Specifically using the app to track nutrients would indicate that weight loss in not the main goal. See how I can extrapolate too? I stand by it being best that the OP clarify his position.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

jonato2014 wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    About a month I found out I had diabetis and this have changed my life.
    I use this application to track my food intake specially my nutrients I paid for the year subscription. I figure my health is worth than 50 bucks.
    I would like to ask if anyone else is using the program with this purpose. I went back to power lifting. Yet I have to loose some weight and I eat less than my adjusted calorie intake is because otherwise there will be no change.
    Any suggestions or comments.
    Fellow free to share.

Really?

He doesn't say anything about weight loss. Specifically using the app to track nutrients would indicate that weight loss in not the main goal. See how I can extrapolate too? I stand by it being best that the OP clarify his position.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My mistake, I have no idea how I missed that.
  • KrittersGal
    KrittersGal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same boat I am using this app to follow nutrients info and sugar contents! Was on WW for awhile it taught me to eat more but smaller and healthier options not less. Your body needs fuel to burn fat. Don't forget water is so important for weight loss! Good luck. We are both going to need it!