Lithium

Options
Oh the holy grail of mood stabilizers! I'm Bipolar 1. Recently went on lithium because I had run out of options. I told my Pdoc that I wouldn't go on it if I didn't have something to help manage the weight gain so he put me on metaformin as well. Up to this point I had been successful at losing 50 lbs. the lithium has helped a lot but even eating at a 1 lb to 1.5 lb deficit I have not lost any weight. I don't think I'll go off the lithium, it has helped a bit. I have literally been on every medication. We just keep trying different cocktails. I'm starting to see a dietitian to really hone in on the factors I can control. Anyone have any suggestions besides me going off my meds (I need them to stay alive).

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    How long have you not lost any weight?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    The dietitian should be able to do you a tailored diet plan.

Make a list of everything you want to ask before you see them. Take a long a list of your triggers and your actions that help keep you on track. It may help them with the plan.

• KristyDonovan
    KristyDonovan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost weight since mid March- I use Happy Scale and it syncs right up with the start of the lithium.
  • KristyDonovan
    KristyDonovan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I also work out 4-6 days a week