Day 1 of exercise

Options
So last night I started swimming and light weight lifting....light lol. My body is not happy with me this morning. Even with the pain, I feel so great and proud of myself. If eating right is hard for me, going to the gym was a even bigger step for me. I'm so pumped to do it again tonight. I don't know how long this desire will last, but I feel the need to push myself. Anyway I wanted to tell the world, somehow that makes me more responsible to myself to go back to the gym tonight. Lets continue striving to be healthier today than I was yesterday.

Replies

• kincharles
    kincharles Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep it up! Need to get myself to a gym soon but I keep putting it off; already walk (more like hike with the lack of sidewalks and elevation changes) about 30 miles a week not counting working on my feet for 45 hours but feeling the need for more.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Well done! I always find day 2 is the hardest of a new fitness programme for me! You can do it!
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Great job! Lifting weights is addictive!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You just did the hardest part! Congrats!

You might be feeling sore but what does that prove?! You owned it. Now to go back today...put your music on and love the beginning of the new you!

Take a daily selfie to hold yourself accountable and so you can see your progress. I use my selfie especially on the days when I don't want to go. I look back and it serves at a great reminder of how far I've come.
  • acopeland321
    acopeland321 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! Just remember to properly stretch after to avoid any injuries as you continue your journey! Best of luck!
  • Nobledictator78
    Nobledictator78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has supported me. I made day two today. Worked in the pool a hour and 15 minutes. I'm so proud of myself. Tonight I even played volleyball with some folks for about 20 minutes....most fun I've had in ...I don't even know how long. I have been doing about 12 50 meter laps...its tough for me not like it use to be when I could do a 500 meter without even thinking. Using the little weight things in between laps....arms, back, neck everything is feeling it. The pool closes tomorrow when I would want to go.... I want to keep this going not sure what to do. Walking is extremely difficult for me at this time...I know I need to...but I think of all the things that could go wrong...including cramping. I'm working on it. One thing I'm going to try to do this weekend that will be huge for me is go see Wonder Woman..... that hike in and out of the theater will be so much effort...we will see how it goes.

Thank you all again for the support so far :-).
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Ben ! Keep up the work and ignore the pain. It goes away fairly quickly and its letting you know that your muscles are repairing and getting stronger for the next trip. Just dont over do it. your body DOES need rest days so dont feel like you are "quitting" by having a rest day.

Keep it up!