Need no cook Lunch and dinner ideas

Options
cheryldumais
cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
I'm attending a week long seminar next week and hoping for some ideas for lunches and dinners I can put in a cooler and eat without having to warm anything up. I usually stay around 300 calories for lunch and 500 for dinner but since I will be carrying dinner both I can switch to 400 for each. Some of you must have jobs where there is no microwave? What do you eat? I don't want to be stuck with nothing but salads although part of the time that would be fine. The cooler will be sitting in a hot car so I can't take anything too perishable.

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Its perishable but I have been trying to do vegetables and hummus. You can eat a good helping of radishes, celery, peppers and green beans with low caloric intake. Hummus is great too with the protein and fiber.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I usually have a protein bar and fruit for lunch, carrots/fruit for an afternoon snack- no cooking involved at all. I would probably have stuff like jerky, fruits (apples travel pretty well, canned if needed), vegetables, protein shakes, tuna (canned), bread (sandwiches), peanut butter, dry cereal, things like that depending on what I wanted to eat/liked to eat. Might bring something to mix with the tuna (EVOO?) so it is not so dry. You could buy a little single servings of milk/yogurt/string cheese on the road to add some variety too.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Its perishable but I have been trying to do vegetables and hummus. You can eat a good helping of radishes, celery, peppers and green beans with low caloric intake. Hummus is great too with the protein and fiber.

I just did a 14 hour road trip from Michigan to South Carolina (drove straight through). I made hummus the night before and put it in the freezer. I put all my foods into a cooler with ice and the hummus was delicious 8 hours later - texture was just as how I first made it. If you are wanting to eat it sooner, I'd just stick it in the freezer for maybe half an hour or so. I took a 2 lb bag of baby carrots to eat with it :)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Pita for sandwiches, with lean deli meat and cut veg on the side, maybe some pretzel chips or something as well. Fruit.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Peanut butter. Apples. Crackers and bread. Sandwiches. Tinned tuna snacks. Protein bars.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    you can get some precooked chicken breast strips, and a make a caesar salad wrap and put some chicken on it.

This time of year, my kids request sandwiches for dinner, so I premake tuna salad, egg salad and chicken salad and keep it in the refrigerator. I can serve it with a nice fruit salad and finger veggies.

My mom loved a good three bean salad. My dad loved cold fried chicken, so if you like that, it's another idea.