• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato hash:

diced sweet potato
    diced onion
    diced apple
    chicken sausage

Sautee the veggies in bacon fat (or butter, but why?) until the onion starts to soften. Add in the sausage, brown it up, then reduce heat and cover, so the sweet potato can soften.
    Season with salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle a bit of maple syrup over the whole thing and toss. Serve hot. You can even sprinkle a little parmesan on the top to really make the flavors pop.

OMNOMNOM.

Sounds lovely, I make this but never thought to add apple before.

Heck chicken sausages work well in this for anyone in the UK.

Do you pre boil the sweet potato first?

I just ping the sweet potato slices in a bowl of water in the microwave for 3 minutes. Then I layer mine in a casserole dish and pour in a little stock instead of the maple syrup.
    Potato, then onion then sausages then potato again. Sprinkle cheese on the top.

Now I want to go buy sweet potato B)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato hash:

diced sweet potato
    diced onion
    diced apple
    chicken sausage

Sautee the veggies in bacon fat (or butter, but why?) until the onion starts to soften. Add in the sausage, brown it up, then reduce heat and cover, so the sweet potato can soften.
    Season with salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle a bit of maple syrup over the whole thing and toss. Serve hot. You can even sprinkle a little parmesan on the top to really make the flavors pop.

OMNOMNOM.

I just ping the sweet potato slices in a bowl of water in the microwave for 3 minutes. Then I layer mine in a casserole dish and pour in a little stock instead of the maple syrup.
    Potato, then onion then sausages then potato again. Sprinkle cheese on the top.

Now I want to go buy sweet potato B)

Oooooh... that sounds good!
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    4oz salmon - 230
    8 medium Brussels sprouts, halved and roasted with 2tsp olive oil - 145
    Poached egg - 70

Total - 445

Sometimes I will add some roasted sweet potato too if I need a few extra carbs.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato hash:

diced sweet potato
    diced onion
    diced apple
    chicken sausage

OMNOMNOM.

I make sweet potato hash with shredded sweet potatoes. You can shred by hand or with a food processor.They cook right up without any boiling. I usually add peppers, onions mushrooms, spinach and zucchini and top with an egg.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have so many favorites but this is one

https://callhimyeschef.com/2013/02/19/carnitas-under-pressure/

I don't count calories so I couldn't give a calorie count.